Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk (Too many open files)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk (Too many open files) Post 303011782 by disedorgue on Tuesday 23rd of January 2018 02:29:50 PM
Old 01-23-2018
just change like this (in red) :
Code:
func_mngopenssl ()
{
    read a1 b1 c1 d1 e1 f1;
    echo "$e1" > std0;
    o=1;
    while read a2 b2 c2 d2 e2 f2; do
        x=$(( o++ %2 ));
        echo "$e2" > std0;
        e3=$(awk '{print $NF}' out$x);
        echo "$a1 $b1 $c1 $d1 $e3 $f1";
        a1="$a2";
        b1="$b2";
        c1="$c2";
        d1="$d2";
        e1="$e2";
        f1="$f2";
    done;
    x=$(( o++ %2 ));
    e3=$(awk '{print $NF}' out$x);
    echo "$a1 $b1 $c1 $d1 $e3 $f1"
}

And launch like as (first exemple in my last post) :
Code:
func_openssl >/dev/null &  func_mngopenssl <fichier

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: cannot open inputf

I'd like some help with awk too. Somewhere in my bash script i have written something like this: awk -v outputfile=$finalFile -v inputf=$file 'BEGIN { commands } { more commands } ΕND{ }' inputf where the file is a .input file with data. I also tried this: awk -v... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_fairy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: can't open

Hi Guys, I was just trying to run a bunch of test scripts which ran perfectly before i changed servers to a different solaris machine. But i just changed it to run on a different solaris version and my awk statement in the script shows an error. awk BEGIN{s=ARGV; r=ARGV; \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wick3dsunny
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Can't open file

Hello all, I am creating a small bash script to cycle through some files that are the results of an analysis I have run (I am a statistician). There are many folders called job001, job002,...,job135. Each folder has a text file called results.txt. I want to create two summary files of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jem43
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: can't open the file

I have a shell script with the following awk command. awk '$1 == "GEOG_SRV"{split($2,a,":");print a}' /etc/qm when I run it manually command line its fine and giving the output. bash-3.00$ awk '$1 == "GEOG_SRV"{split($2,a,":");print a}' /etc/qm 9010 But in the script its... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open large datafie in awk?

I just tried awk '{print}' all.plo awk: cannot open all.plo (Value too large for defined data type)awk '{print $8"-"$7"-"$6,$9,$4,$5,$12,$15}' all.plo awk: cannot open all.plo (Value too large for defined data type) datafile size is 4.8GB any other provision ? only cat works FS is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: can't open file!!

To whom it may concern, Please help! I am trying to use awk to open all the files in a folder and remove one row and append everything into an output file. for X in `ls /Users/misssmith/Desktop/birdseed/`; do awk '(NR==546412)' /Users/misssmith/Desktop/birdseed/$X >>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salpie
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: can't open error

Hi , In a directory i've the files in the following format pay:year:mon:11789604 pay:year:mon:17675644 --- and i need to get 4th part of the above file name so i used awk command in the below code #!/bin/ksh for test_data in pay* do txt_awk = awk -F':' '{print $4;}' $test_data ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk throws makes too many open files

Hi, I have a below awk script. BEGIN { FS=","; } { system("curl -v -H \"Authorization: SSWS test" -H \"Accept: application/json\" -H \"Content-Type: application/json\" -X POST \"https://tes.test.com/api/v1/users?activate=false\" -d \'{ \"profile\": { \"firstName\": \"" $1 "... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk date too many open files

Dear Community; I have a csv file with msb and lsb in $3 and $5 fields which provides the epochtime (factor 65536). Further I need to convert epochtime to readable datetime. But am getting an error. File Sample: 5000a,1000,20671,0,16421,0,1,NULL,0 5000b,1000,20974,0,-16284,0,1,NULL,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)