Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to attach latest files of directories in a mail. Post 303011760 by sadique.manzar on Tuesday 23rd of January 2018 08:38:05 AM
Old 01-23-2018
Code:
#!/bin/sh
loc=/test/DPI_INVESTIG/Sadiq/work_area
cd $loc
SUBJECT="TEST for attachment mail"
FILE=`find . | tail -5`
echo "$FILE" |mailx -s "$SUBJECT" -a $FILE abc@gmail.com

I am getting 1 file as attachment, Kinldy guide.

Last edited by RudiC; 01-23-2018 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: removed QUOTE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to attach a txt file while sending mail

Hi, I need to attach a txt file while sending mail thru Unix. Please help me out in this.. -Charan. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file in Linux mail command

How to attach a file in Linux mail command Hi Guys, Is there any way to attach a file in Linux mail command without using "uuencode"? i.e. Code: file=/a/b/c/d/file.txtmail -s "Giga aks" abc@123.com <<HDoc`uuencode $file $file 2>/dev/null`HDoc Here, I don;t want to use 'uuencode'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to attach an excel file in a multipart (mime) mail

Hello. I need to send mails from hp-ux with 2 attachments: a text file and an excel file. So I'm composing a mime file which I will pipe to sendmail utility. This works fine if the only attachment is the text file (i use cat command to attach text content). But I have problems with the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcampio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach file to mail

Hello, I have a .dat file containing one line. I need a script to read that line and make it part of the body and send a mail... Let's say the line is $line. I need the script to send a mail with the body "The last disposal feed is $line". Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfetea
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach two files in unix script

Hi, My script has to send 2 files as a separate attachment(Note : files to be sent without zipping) to the specified email id. Below code was used but it is not attaching the file as expected instead the file contents are displayed in the body of the email. Kindly,help with your... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail

Hi Experts, i need your help here :confused: Need to send a report thru mail using unix shell script(AIX). can you help me to do this? . i tried "uuencode" with CSV format, but while reading report all values are in single column. i need each column values in separate cell. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbieabc
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Attach a document in mail using sendmail command

Hi Guys, May i know how to attach a document using sendmail command in Linux platform.... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies
check-permissions(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     check-permissions(1M)

NAME
check-permissions - check permissions on mail rerouting files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-permissions [login] DESCRIPTION
The check-permissions script is intended as a migration aid for sendmail(1M). It checks the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file for all configured alias files, and checks the alias files for :include: files. It also checks for certain .forward files. For each file that check-permis- sions checks, it verifies that none of the parent directories are group- or world-writable. If any directories are overly permissive, it is reported. Otherwise it reports that no unsafe directories were found. As to which .forward files are checked, it depends on the arguments included on the command line. If no argument is given, the current user's home directory is checked for the presence of a .forward file. If any arguments are given, they are assumed to be valid logins, and the home directory of each one is checked. If the special argument ALL is given, the passwd entry in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file is checked, and all password entries that can be obtained through the switch file are checked. In large domains, this can be time-consuming. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: login Where login is a valid user name, checks the home directory for login. ALL Checks the home directory of all users. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf Defines enviornment for sendmail /etc/mail/aliases Ascii mail aliases file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getent(1M), sendmail(1M), aliases(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2003 check-permissions(1M)