Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Delete the duplicates using Part of File Name Post 303011717 by gold2k8 on Monday 22nd of January 2018 11:36:25 PM
Old 01-23-2018
It working perfectly fine. Can I know what that AWK does please explain i have to brief my coworker

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete part of a file?

Suppose i have a file which contains 10 lines.... i have to delete a line which starts with the word "BEGIN" and delete the consecutive lines till i find a start of line with the word "END" how to do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brkavi_in
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

An interactive way to delete duplicates

1)I am trying to write a script that works interactively lists duplicated records on certain field/column and asks user to delete one or more. And finally it deletes all the records the used has asked for. I have an idea to store those line numbers in an array, not sure how to do this in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvs2000
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines in a file that have duplicates or derive the lines that aper once

Input: a b b c d d I need: a c I know how to get this (the lines that have duplicates) : b d sort file | uniq -d But i need opossite of this. I have searched the forum and other places as well, but have found solution for everything except this variant of the problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: necroman08
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete the duplicates based on one column of a line

I have my data something like this (08/03/2009 22:57:42.414)(:) king aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb (08/03/2009 22:57:42.416)(:) John cccccccccccc cccccvssssssssss baaaaa (08/03/2009 22:57:42.417)(:) Michael ddddddd tststststtststts (08/03/2009 22:57:42.425)(:) Ravi... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I delete duplicates in the log?

I have a log file and I am trying to run a script against it to search for key issues such as invalid users, errors etc. In one part, I grep for session closed and get a lot of the same thing,, ie. root username etc. I want to remove the multiple root and just have it do a count, like wc -l ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicates via script?

Hello, i have the following problem: there are two folders with a lot of files. Example: FolderA contains AAA, BBB, CCC FolderB contains DDD, EEE, AAA How can i via script identify AAA as duplicate in Folder B and delete it there? So that only DDD and EEE remain, in Folder B? Thank you... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y-T
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete part of file from pattern1 to pattern2

Hi all! How can I delete all the text starting from <string1> to <string2> in all the .txt files of the folder "FOLDER" ? Thanks a lot! mjomba ... </s> <s> <w></w> </s> <s> ... to get: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjomba
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete from line and remove duplicates

My Input.....file1 ABCDE4435 Connected to 107.71.136.122 (SubNetwork=ONRM_RootMo_R SubNetwork=XYVLTN29CRBR99 MeContext=ABCDE4435 ManagedElement=1) ABCDE4478 Connected to 166.208.30.57 (SubNetwork=ONRM_RootMo_R SubNetwork=KLFMTN29CR0R04 MeContext=ABCDE4478 ManagedElement=1) ABCDE4478... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicates in CA bundle

I do have a big CA bundle certificate file and each time if i get request to add new certificate to the existing bundle i need to make sure it is not present already. How i can validate the duplicates. The alignment of the certificate within the bundle seems to be different. Example: Cert 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete only if duplicates found in each record

Hi, i have another problem. I have been trying to solve it by myself but failed. inputfile ;; ID T08578 NAME T08578 SBASE 30696 EBASE 32083 TYPE P func just test func chronology func cholesterol func null INT 30765-37333 INT 37154-37318 Link 5546 Link 8142 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1)                                                     Git Manual                                                     GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common Git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal Git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action Set GIT_REFLOG_ACTION environment to a given string (typically the name of the program) unless it is already set. Whenever the script runs a git command that updates refs, a reflog entry is created using the value of this string to leave the record of what command updated the ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. create_virtual_base modifies the first file so only lines in common with the second file remain. If there is insufficient common material, then the first file is left empty. The result is suitable as a virtual base input for a 3-way merge. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)