Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetching timestamps from the logs. Post 303011600 by srikanth38 on Saturday 20th of January 2018 12:10:01 PM
Old 01-20-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
In addition to what Robin has already said, you need to explain MUCH more clearly how you want to specify rules that govern the extraction of the start and end times for TPLD events. You gave ambiguous requirements in your first post, but your sample output doesn't even meet those requirements. You say that are are using "a different code that I have choosed (sic)."

I have an awk script that seems to meet your written requirements, but it doesn't work at all in producing your desired output for TPLD transactions; it only produces your desired output for UPDT transactions.
Thanks for looking into it. I have corrected it later. Its my bad. I will try myself and let you know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix timestamps

Can someone help me with a Unix or perl script to convert the unix timestamps to human readable format? Any help will be highly appreciated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsasal
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Difference between two timestamps

I'm writting a script to find the difference between two timestamp. One field i get on delivery time of the file like 07:17 AM and other is my SLA time 06:30 AM I need to find the difference between these two time (time exceeded to meet SLA). Need some suggestions. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

timestamps

Hello! I have the following problem. I read a file using perl, each line of this file has the fllowing format. 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ Th first field is the timestamp and the second field is the offset in seconds. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip timestamps from logs using sed?

Hullo. I have a log file: (I) 02/03/2009 12:31:01 : Service Started (I) 02/03/2009 12:31:02 : XML: <xml> <stuff> ... </xml> (I) 02/03/2009 12:31:02 : Service Stoped ... ...and I would like to remove date/time/PID-stamps so I can create a baseline for future comparisson. Ideal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic on timestamps

Hi Friends, please advise on shell script to add two time stamps for example : a=12:32 b=12:00 c=a+b=00:32 please help me to find shell script to add to two time stamps, as i need to convert time from EST to GMT or SST to prepare status of jobs in unix and to specify estimated time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Timestamps

Hi! Long time reader first time registered user and poster. I've picked up some times and tricks and I'm at a dead end... I've parsed a log file for duplicates and printed only the two fields I need (duplicate entry and time stamp). My question is, with this output, how would I script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexpokinghorn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Fetching logs of last few days from logfile

Hi All, I have a requirement to fetch logs of last 'N' days. I am trying the following command which is working fine if it finds the date of that day in logfile. START=`TZ="GMT+$((24*N))" date +"%Y %b %d"` this is being used to fetch 'N'th day's date and awk '/'"$START"'/{p=1}... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
24 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
obd2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							obd2csv(1)

NAME
obd2csv - Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files SYNOPSIS
obd2csv [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files OPTIONS
-o|--out <output filename> Output to this .csv file -d|--db <database> Work from logs stored in this database file -s|--start <time> Only dump rows more recent than this -e|--end <time> Only dump rows older than this -z|--gzip gzip compress output using zlib [if available] -v|--version Print out version number and exit. -h|--help Print out help and exit. NOT OPTIONS
These options aren't intended for end-users, they're for the GUI. -p|--progress Print out progress. It will occasionally print a number in the range [0..100], indicating progress percentage. SEE ALSO
obdgpslogger(1), obd2kml(1), obd2gpx(1), obdsim(1), obdgui(1), obdlogrepair(1) AUTHORS
Gary "Chunky Ks" Briggs <chunky@icculus.org> obd2csv(1)