Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Merge cells in all rows of a HTML table dynamically. Post 303011410 by RudiC on Thursday 18th of January 2018 05:34:54 AM
Old 01-18-2018
Would
Code:
awk -F, '{for (i=1; i<=NF;i++) if ($i == T[i]) $i = ""; else T[i] = $i} 1' OFS=, file
12345,XYZ,123,PPP,01,AAAAAAAAAA,DEFGDEFG
,,234,ABC,02,,
,,567,,05,,HHHHHHH
45167,,809,,09,BBBBBBBBBB,
,,222,,04,,DEFGDEFG

come close to what you need? Replace the OFS with "\t" to get to your tabulated output.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting table cells in a script

I'd like to use sed or awk to do this but I'm weak on both along with RE. Looking for a way with sed or awk to count for the 7th table data within a table row and if the condition is met to delete "<td>and everything in between </td>". Since the table header start on a specific line each time, that... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge rows into columns ????

Hi guz I want to merge multiple rows into a multiple columns based on the first column. The file has symbol // I want to break the symbool // and I nedd exactlynew column at that point the output will be like this please guyz help in this isssue!!!!! merging rows into columns ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogu0001
4 Replies

3. Programming

How do I change html style dynamically

I've got the following form element in a template driven web page... <INPUT type="text" class="normal" id="LastName" name="LastName" value="{LastName}"> The stylesheet description is simply... input.normal { width: 250; } I want to change the background colour of the input box after the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two cells in excel via UNIX?

Hi UNIX Gods! Is it possible to merge two cells in .csv file using unix commands? Imagine that this is my present csv file opened via excel: Gate Reports| | fatal alerts | 200 | is is possible to make it look like this using unix? Gate Reports | fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract complex data from html table rows

I have bash, awk, and sed available on my portable device. I need to extract 10 fields from each table row from a web page that looks like this: </tr> <tr> <td>28 Apr</td> <td><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickgtx
6 Replies

6. Programming

Perl script to merge cells in column1 which has same strings, for all sheets in a excel workbook

Perl script to merge cells ---------- Post updated at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 AM ---------- I am using below code to read files from a dir and print to excel. open(my $in, '<', $file) or die "Could not open file: $!"; my $rowCount = 0; my $colCount = 0;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jack_Bruce
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Putting query result dynamically to one cell of table from shell

I have to send a data in mail table format.only one cell need to get dynamically from query. my code is like (echo '<table boarder="1"> echo '<tr><td>stock</td><td>/path</td><td>.........</td></tr>' echo '</table> )sendmail.. in ......... I am trying to get query result.By putting query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meera_123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameterizing to dynamically generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script

I have below 2 requirements for parameterize the generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script. Could you please help me by modifying the script and show me how to execute it. First Requirement: I have a requirement where I need to parameterize to generate one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareshvikram
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove duplicates in a dataframe (table) keeping all the different cells of just one of the columns

Hello all, I need to filter a dataframe composed of several columns of data to remove the duplicates according to one of the columns. I did it with pandas. In the main time, I need that the last column that contains all different data ( not redundant) is conserved in the output like this: A ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro88
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge Multiple html files into one

Hi all I have written some code to write my output in html. As i have multiple servers, need to generate single html file. but my code is generating html file for each server. I have merged the files using below code. cat /home/*_FinalData.html > /home/MergedFinalData.html But how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Snehasish
1 Replies
QTableSelection(3qt)													      QTableSelection(3qt)

NAME
QTableSelection - Access to a selected area in a QTable SYNOPSIS
#include <qtable.h> Public Members QTableSelection () QTableSelection ( int start_row, int start_col, int end_row, int end_col ) void init ( int row, int col ) void expandTo ( int row, int col ) bool operator== ( const QTableSelection & s ) const bool operator!= ( const QTableSelection & s ) const int topRow () const int bottomRow () const int leftCol () const int rightCol () const int anchorRow () const int anchorCol () const int numRows () const int numCols () const bool isActive () const bool isEmpty () const DESCRIPTION
The QTableSelection class provides access to a selected area in a QTable. The selection is a rectangular set of cells in a QTable. One of the rectangle's cells is called the anchor cell; this is the cell that was selected first. The init() function sets the anchor and the selection rectangle to exactly this cell; the expandTo() function expands the selection rectangle to include additional cells. There are various access functions to find out about the area: anchorRow() and anchorCol() return the anchor's position; leftCol(), rightCol(), topRow() and bottomRow() return the rectangle's four edges. All four are part of the selection. A newly created QTableSelection is inactive -- isActive() returns FALSE. You must use init() and expandTo() to activate it. See also QTable, QTable::addSelection(), QTable::selection(), QTable::selectCells(), QTable::selectRow(), QTable::selectColumn(), and Advanced Widgets. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QTableSelection::QTableSelection () Creates an inactive selection. Use init() and expandTo() to activate it. QTableSelection::QTableSelection ( int start_row, int start_col, int end_row, int end_col ) Creates an active selection, starting at start_row and start_col, ending at end_row and end_col. int QTableSelection::anchorCol () const Returns the anchor column of the selection. See also anchorRow() and expandTo(). int QTableSelection::anchorRow () const Returns the anchor row of the selection. See also anchorCol() and expandTo(). int QTableSelection::bottomRow () const Returns the bottom row of the selection. See also topRow(), leftCol(), and rightCol(). void QTableSelection::expandTo ( int row, int col ) Expands the selection to include cell row, col. The new selection rectangle is the bounding rectangle of row, col and the previous selection rectangle. After calling this function the selection is active. If you haven't called init(), this function does nothing. See also init() and isActive(). void QTableSelection::init ( int row, int col ) Sets the selection anchor to cell row, col and the selection to only contain this cell. The selection is not active until expandTo() is called. To extend the selection to include additional cells, call expandTo(). See also isActive(). bool QTableSelection::isActive () const Returns whether the selection is active or not. A selection is active after init() and expandTo() have been called. bool QTableSelection::isEmpty () const Returns whether the selection is empty or not. See also numRows() and numCols(). int QTableSelection::leftCol () const Returns the left column of the selection. See also topRow(), bottomRow(), and rightCol(). int QTableSelection::numCols () const Returns the number of columns in the selection. See also numRows(). int QTableSelection::numRows () const Returns the number of rows in the selection. See also numCols(). bool QTableSelection::operator!= ( const QTableSelection & s ) const Returns TRUE if s does not include the same cells as the selection; otherwise returns FALSE. bool QTableSelection::operator== ( const QTableSelection & s ) const Returns TRUE if s includes the same cells as the selection; otherwise returns FALSE. int QTableSelection::rightCol () const Returns the right column of the selection. See also topRow(), bottomRow(), and leftCol(). int QTableSelection::topRow () const Returns the top row of the selection. See also bottomRow(), leftCol(), and rightCol(). SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qtableselection.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qtableselection.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QTableSelection(3qt)