Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Merge cells in all rows of a HTML table dynamically. Post 303011392 by Mounika on Thursday 18th of January 2018 12:05:08 AM
Old 01-18-2018
Actually, I have a comma delimited .csv file with 7 columns. Rows can be any.

Using the below code, I framed the HTML part of the .csv file and am able to send it to the mail.

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{
FS=","
print  "MIME-Version: 1.0"
print  "Content-Type: text/html"
print  "Content-Disposition: inline"
print  "<HTML><BODY>""<TABLE border="1"><TH>Header 1</TH><TH>Header 2</TH><TH>Header 3</TH><TH>Header 4</TH><TH>Header 5</TH><TH>Header 6</TH><TH>Header 7</TH>" 
}
{
printf "<TR>"
for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)
{
printf "<TD>%s</TD>", $i
}
print "</TR>"
 }
END{
print "</TABLE></BODY></HTML>"
 }
' inputfile.csv > inputfile.html

Now, when I checked the mail, some of the columns for adjacent rows in the output has equal data.

Example:

My output is like -

Code:
12345,XYZ,123,PPP,01,AAAAAAAAAA,DEFGDEFG
12345,XYZ,234,ABC,02,AAAAAAAAAA,DEFGDEFG
12345,XYZ,567,ABC,05,AAAAAAAAAA,HHHHHHH
45167,XYZ,809,ABC,09,BBBBBBBBBB,HHHHHHH
45167,XYZ,222,ABC,04,BBBBBBBBBB,DEFGDEFG

With this said my sample output, I need to merge all the adjacent rows which has equal values as we do in the excel sheet before sending the data in the mail so that it looks a bit tidy.

With the code which I have pasted with my question, I was able to merge the equal values of adjacent rows in the first column alone. But, its not merging (or combining) the equal values in other rows and columns.

Where am I missing that part and is there any way I can achieve this.

I hope now my problem is clear.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for data too. Thank you.

Last edited by bakunin; 01-18-2018 at 01:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting table cells in a script

I'd like to use sed or awk to do this but I'm weak on both along with RE. Looking for a way with sed or awk to count for the 7th table data within a table row and if the condition is met to delete "<td>and everything in between </td>". Since the table header start on a specific line each time, that... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge rows into columns ????

Hi guz I want to merge multiple rows into a multiple columns based on the first column. The file has symbol // I want to break the symbool // and I nedd exactlynew column at that point the output will be like this please guyz help in this isssue!!!!! merging rows into columns ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogu0001
4 Replies

3. Programming

How do I change html style dynamically

I've got the following form element in a template driven web page... <INPUT type="text" class="normal" id="LastName" name="LastName" value="{LastName}"> The stylesheet description is simply... input.normal { width: 250; } I want to change the background colour of the input box after the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two cells in excel via UNIX?

Hi UNIX Gods! Is it possible to merge two cells in .csv file using unix commands? Imagine that this is my present csv file opened via excel: Gate Reports| | fatal alerts | 200 | is is possible to make it look like this using unix? Gate Reports | fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract complex data from html table rows

I have bash, awk, and sed available on my portable device. I need to extract 10 fields from each table row from a web page that looks like this: </tr> <tr> <td>28 Apr</td> <td><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickgtx
6 Replies

6. Programming

Perl script to merge cells in column1 which has same strings, for all sheets in a excel workbook

Perl script to merge cells ---------- Post updated at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 AM ---------- I am using below code to read files from a dir and print to excel. open(my $in, '<', $file) or die "Could not open file: $!"; my $rowCount = 0; my $colCount = 0;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jack_Bruce
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Putting query result dynamically to one cell of table from shell

I have to send a data in mail table format.only one cell need to get dynamically from query. my code is like (echo '<table boarder="1"> echo '<tr><td>stock</td><td>/path</td><td>.........</td></tr>' echo '</table> )sendmail.. in ......... I am trying to get query result.By putting query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meera_123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameterizing to dynamically generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script

I have below 2 requirements for parameterize the generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script. Could you please help me by modifying the script and show me how to execute it. First Requirement: I have a requirement where I need to parameterize to generate one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareshvikram
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove duplicates in a dataframe (table) keeping all the different cells of just one of the columns

Hello all, I need to filter a dataframe composed of several columns of data to remove the duplicates according to one of the columns. I did it with pandas. In the main time, I need that the last column that contains all different data ( not redundant) is conserved in the output like this: A ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro88
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge Multiple html files into one

Hi all I have written some code to write my output in html. As i have multiple servers, need to generate single html file. but my code is generating html file for each server. I have merged the files using below code. cat /home/*_FinalData.html > /home/MergedFinalData.html But how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Snehasish
1 Replies
SOAP::Packager(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       SOAP::Packager(3pm)

NAME
SOAP::Packager - this class is an abstract class which allows for multiple types of packaging agents such as MIME and DIME. DESCRIPTION
The SOAP::Packager class is responsible for managing a set of "parts." Parts are additional pieces of information, additional documents, or virtually anything that needs to be associated with the SOAP Envelope/payload. The packager then will take these parts and encode/decode or "package"/"unpackage" them as they come and go over the wire. METHODS
new Instantiates a new instance of a SOAP::Packager. parts Contains an array of parts. The contents of this array and their types are completely dependent upon the Packager being used. For example, when using MIME, the content of this array is MIME::Entity's. push_part Adds a part to set of parts managed by the current instance of SOAP::Packager. parser Returns the parser used to parse attachments out of a data stream. headers_http This is a hook into the HTTP layer. It provides a way for a packager to add and/or modify HTTP headers in a request/response. For example, most packaging layers will need to override the Content-Type (e.g. multipart/related, or application/dime). ABSTRACT METHODS
If you wish to implement your own SOAP::Packager, then the methods below must be implemented by you according to the prescribed input and output requirements. package() The "package" subroutine takes as input the SOAP envelope in string/SCALAR form. This will serve as the content of the root part. The packager then encapsulates the envelope with the parts contained within "parts" and returns the properly encapsulated envelope in string/SCALAR form. unpackage() The "unpackage" subroutines takes as input raw data that needs to be parsed into a set of parts. It is responsible for extracting the envelope from the input, and populating "parts" with an ARRAY of parts extracted from the input. It then returns the SOAP Envelope in string/SCALAR form so that SOAP::Lite can parse it. SUPPORTED PACKAGING FORMATS
SOAP::Packager::MIME "SOAP::Packager::MIME" utilizes MIME::Tools to provides the ability to send and receive Multipart/Related and Multipart/Form-Data formatted requests and responses. MIME METHODS The following methods are used when composing a MIME formatted message. transfer_encoding The value of the root part's Content-Transfer-Encoding MIME Header. Default is: 8bit. env_id The value of the root part's Content-Id MIME Header. Default is: <main_envelope>. env_location The value of the root part's Content-Location MIME Header. Default is: /main_envelope. env_type The value of the root part's Content-Type MIME Header. Default is: text/xml. OPTIMIZING THE MIME PARSER The use of attachments can often result in a heavy drain on system resources depending upon how your MIME parser is configured. For example, you can instruct the parser to store attachments in memory, or to use temp files. Using one of the other can affect performance, disk utilization, and/or reliability. Therefore you should consult the following URL for optimization techniques and trade-offs: http://search.cpan.org/dist/MIME-tools/lib/MIME/Parser.pm#OPTIMIZING_YOUR_PARSER To modify the parser's configuration options consult the following code sample, which incidentally shows how to minimize memory utilization: my $packager = SOAP::Packager::MIME->new; # $packager->parser->decode_headers(1); # no difference # $packager->parser->extract_nested_messages(1); # no difference $packager->parser->output_to_core(0); # much less memory $packager->parser->tmp_to_core(0); # much less memory $packager->parser->tmp_recycling(0); # promotes faster garbage collection $packager->parser->use_inner_files(1); # no difference my $client = SOAP::Lite->uri($NS)->proxy($URL)->packager($packager); $client->someMethod(); CLIENT SIDE EXAMPLE The following code sample shows how to use attachments within the context of a SOAP::Lite client. #!/usr/bin/perl use SOAP::Lite; use MIME::Entity; my $ent = build MIME::Entity Type => "text/plain", Path => "attachment.txt", Filename => "attachment.txt", Disposition => "attachment"; $NS = "urn:Majordojo:TemperatureService"; $HOST = "http://localhost/cgi-bin/soaplite.cgi"; my $client = SOAP::Lite ->packager(SOAP::Packager::MIME->new) ->parts([ $ent ]) ->uri($NS) ->proxy($HOST); $response = $client->c2f(SOAP::Data->name("temperature" => '100')); print $response->valueof('//c2fResponse/foo'); SERVER SIDE EXAMPLE The following code shows how to use attachments within the context of a CGI script. It shows how to read incoming attachments, and to return attachments to the client. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use SOAP::Transport::HTTP; use MIME::Entity; SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI ->packager(SOAP::Packager::MIME->new) ->dispatch_with({'urn:Majordojo:TemperatureService' => 'TemperatureService'}) ->handle; BEGIN { package TemperatureService; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = qw(Exporter SOAP::Server::Parameters); use SOAP::Lite; sub c2f { my $self = shift; my $envelope = pop; my $temp = $envelope->dataof("//c2f/temperature"); use MIME::Entity; my $ent = build MIME::Entity Type => "text/plain", Path => "printenv", Filename => "printenv", Disposition => "attachment"; # read attachments foreach my $part (@{$envelope->parts}) { print STDERR "soaplite.cgi: attachment found! (".ref($part).") "; print STDERR "soaplite.cgi: contents => ".$part->stringify." "; } # send attachments return SOAP::Data->name('convertedTemp' => (((9/5)*($temp->value)) + 32)), $ent; } } SOAP::Packager::DIME TODO SEE ALSO
MIME::Tools, DIME::Tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHORS
Byrne Reese (byrne@majordojo.com) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-18 SOAP::Packager(3pm)