Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Virtualization a bare metal SCO Open Server 6? Post 303011300 by jgt on Tuesday 16th of January 2018 10:11:44 AM
Old 01-16-2018
If you are concerned about the reliability of the hardware, you can upgrade the disk to SSD, and the processor/motherboard to a 2012 I-core.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco open server 5.0.6

I'm new to the whole Unix thing and have inherited a network running Macs, Windows 2000 and Unix. The Unix side is very suspect at this point and I want to change out the server. I'd love to use one of the new Apple servers but can't find any info on what "flavors" of Unix it will run. Specificly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Open Server 5.05 Installaltuion

I'm in the process of installing SCO Open Server 5.05 on the following platform: Hardware: IBM 300PL 64 MB RAM Yamaha 16/4/16 CDRW (Internal defined on SCSI ID 3 LUN 0) I'm able to boot from the CD and advance to the Installation screen but when it asks for where the media source will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Open Server.

Dear All, I am considering installing SCO Open Server as an alternative to MS Exchange. Has anybody had any real world experience of using Open Office? Thanks, TC. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TCuk
1 Replies

4. SCO

Sco Open Server 5.05

How can I to know procesor type. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Batya
1 Replies

5. SCO

Purchase of SCO Open Server 6.0

I have to purchase SCO Open Server 6.0, so I want to know from where I can get SCO Open Server 6.0 and what is the min. cost in which I can avail this. Thanks and Regards Himanshu Software Engineer R&D Department (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

bare metal backup for HP-UX 11i v3?

How can i make a dvd image ( bare metal backup ) for HP-UX 11i v3 installation on integrity servers , for quick recovery for the os and installed software in case of disaster (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

8. SCO

SCO Open Server

Hi, Completely new to UNIX - so be gentle Cut a long story short, we have a micros 8700 system (eclipse) that needs the Micros 8700 software installed. The system needs UNIX and I have downloaded and successfully installed SCO open Server 6 and can log into root e.t.c. Now I have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kennyruss
13 Replies

9. Red Hat

Is here anyone hands on in Linux Bare Metal Restore..??

Hi all, I am working on Linux Bare Metal Restore in which i have few things to be discussed with a person who has his/her hands on in that process. If anyone kindly give a reply post in this thread.. :) :) Thanks Selva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
3 Replies
vxupgrade(1M)															     vxupgrade(1M)

NAME
vxupgrade - upgrade the disk layout of a mounted VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
new_version] rawdev] mount_point DESCRIPTION
prints the current disk layout version number for a VxFS file system or upgrades the file system to a new disk layout. operates on file systems mounted for read/write access: mount_point must be a mounted VxFS file system. You cannot upgrade directly from the oldest disk layout version to the newest disk layout version; you must upgrade to the next level disk layout first. You cannot upgrade directly from the oldest disk layout version to the newest disk layout version; you must upgrade to the next level disk layout first. Only a privileged user can query or upgrade a VxFS file system. When invoked with the option, upgrades the disk layout to the specified version. When invoked without the option, prints the disk layout version number of the file system. To perform an upgrade, freezes the file system, allocates and initializes the new structures, frees the space used by the old structures, and then thaws the file system. This process should not keep the file system frozen for more than a few seconds. employs a lock file on the file system to ensure that only one instance of is running at any time. and cannot run simultaneously, so the lock file also ensures that does not run while a file system reorganization is in progress. When is invoked for an upgrade, it opens the lock file in the root of the file system specified by mount_point. If the lock file doesn't exist, it is created. The fcntl(2) system call is used to obtain a write lock on the file. If the write lock fails, fails, assuming that another or an is running. NOTES Disk layout versions cannot be downgraded. Upgrading to disk layout Version 6 changes all inodes in the file system. A file system with disk layout Version 5 can be mounted and upgraded to Version 6 disk layout. To upgrade from Version 4 disk layout to Version 6, you must upgrade to Version 5 first. This requires two separate invocations of the The upgrade may fail due to lack of free space at each step (see below). Optionally, prior to upgrading a file system to disk layout Version 6, delete all existing Storage Checkpoints. A Storage Checkpoint cre- ated on a file system with a disk layout prior to Version 6 stores a complete copy of the inodes at the time it was taken. Thus, a file system with one Storage Checkpoint takes approximately twice as long to upgrade as a file system without Storage Checkpoints. Conversely, a Storage Checkpoint created on a file system with disk layout Version 6 or later stores only the inodes of files whose data blocks were modified. As a result, the time required to upgrade the disk layout Version in the future is less affected by the number of Storage Check- points on the file system. DIAGNOSTICS returns an exit value of 0 if the upgrade is successful. returns 1 if the upgrade fails due to insufficient free space, returns 32 if the specified mount point is not a VxFS file system, and returns 2 if the upgrade fails for another reason. Options recognizes the following options: Upgrade disk layout to new_version. new_version can be 5 or 6. Use the pathname rawdev as the raw device. This option can be used when cannot determine which raw device corresponds to the mount_point (when is corrupted, for example). Operands recognizes the following operand: mount_point A mounted VxFS file system. Free Space Requirement requires free space on the file system to perform the upgrade; the upgrade may fail if there is not enough free space. It is difficult to determine the exact amount of space required to upgrade a VxFS file system, however, you can estimate the maximum space required. Typically, upgrading a disk layout Version 4 file system to disk layout Version 5 does not require much extra disk space. The space and time required to complete the upgrade increases with the number of extended attributes or hard links in the file system. Typical maximum space to convert to a Version 6 disk layout is at least two additional inodes with one block for every inode. The number of inodes is the sum total of inodes across all filesets in the file system (see the manual page for information on how to obtain the num- ber of inodes in a fileset). Allow at least ten minutes to upgrade for every million inodes in the file system. To ensure that there are 8K extents available, defragment the file system (see the manual page for information on how to obtain the number of free extents in a file system and how to defragment a file system). You cannot upgrade a Version 4 disk layout to Version 6 directly. You must first upgrade from Version 4 to a Version 5 disk layout, and then upgrade to Version 6. The upgrade may fail due to a lack of space at each step. Once a file system has been upgraded to Version 4, it is no longer mountable on HP-UX 10.01 and 10.10. Once a file system has been upgraded to Version 4, it is no longer mountable on: o HP-UX 10.x o HP-UX 11.0 without JFS 3.3 from Application CD Version 4 file systems are mountable on: o HP-UX 11.0 with JFS 3.3 from Application CD o HP-UX 11.1x o HP-UX 11.2x o HP-UX 11.31 You cannot upgrade the root or file systems to Version 4 on an 11.0 system running JFS 3.3 from the Application CD. Additionally, we do not advise upgrading the or file systems to Version 4 on an 11.0 system. These core file systems are crucial for system recovery. The HP- UX 11.0 kernel and emergency recovery media were built with an older version of JFS that does not recognize the Version 4 disk layout. If these file systems were upgraded to Version 4, your system would fail to boot with the 11.0 kernel as delivered or the emergency recovery media. You can, however, upgrade these core file systems to Version 4 on an HP-UX 11.1x system. Disk layout versions cannot be downgraded, for example, you cannot change a file system from disk layout version 4 to disk layout version 3. A file system cannot be upgraded from a Version 3 disk layout to a Version 4 disk layout if its intent log size is less than 256 kilobytes. After upgrading from a Version 2 disk layout, run to convert the inode format to allow growth beyond a two-gigabyte offset. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Upgrade failed due to lack of disk space. Some other error occurred. Specified mount_point is not a VxFS file system. FILES
Lock file External quotas file WARNINGS
The HP-UX 11i boot loader requires the boot filesystem (if a vxfs filesystem) to be on disk layout version 5 or less. The boot file system, usually mounted under or , contains the HP-UX kernel you boot from. You must NOT vxupgrade the boot file system to version 6 or above even though your system is running a VxFS version which supports these newer disk layout versions. Otherwise, your system will be unbootable. When you vxupgrade other core file systems such as , , , , care should be taken to ensure that the OE media for system recovery supports a VxFS version that can recognize the new disk layouts. Otherwise, you may not be able to repair these file systems in a recovery shell. SEE ALSO
fsadm_vxfs(1M), mkfs_vxfs(1M), quotaon(1M), vxfsconvert(1M), fcntl(2), fs_vxfs(4), vxfsio(7). vxupgrade(1M)