Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators If a closed thread/post is missing solution details, then how to contact the person? Post 303011212 by hasan.kamali on Monday 15th of January 2018 07:48:55 AM
Old 01-15-2018
If a closed thread/post is missing solution details, then how to contact the person?

Hi,

Following post owner has realized a solution but he/she is not clear on the details. I need to ask him but couldnt PM since my posts count is only 4 yet.

" Mail is not sent by cron daemon
Solaris "

by tlogine

Regards,
Hasan

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can not locate a thread to answer - Have solution to post

I have found answer to this issue, But I could not figure how to reply to thread. I could search for this thread using "only root can print" Please let me how i can find this thread and answer for public. Thanks Sunil Sharma 03-02-2005 bsnavarra Registered User Join Date:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsharma
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

my thread got closed

I had a thread open and now it says it's closed. I had a question still on the forum and about 15mins after I posted my most recent question on it the thread said "closed". Why did this happen? I didn't violate any forum rules. Is there a limit on how many postings you can have in a single thread?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread closed when learner has tried

I'm not so sure that this thread should have been closed. Though it was clearly homework the student was asking a specific question related to the assignment, but not the answer to the whole assignment. /www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/107494-how-get-rid.html . IMHO The solution is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: methyl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

This forum is closed for new thread ... post here.

This forum is closed for new threads. Please post in this forum: UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
auth/cron [-c] DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to instructions in the files /cron/user/cron. It runs only on an authentica- tion server. Option -c causes cron to create /cron/user and /cron/user/cron for the current user; it can be run from any Plan 9 machine. Blank lines and lines beginning with # in these files are ignored. Entries are lines with fields minute hour day month weekday host command Command is a string, which may contain spaces, that is passed to an rc(1) running on host for execution. The first five fields are integer patterns for minute 0-59 hour 0-23 day of month 1-31 month of year 1-12 day of week 0-6; 0=Sunday The syntax for these patterns is time : '*' | range range : number | number '-' number | range ',' range Each number must be in the appropriate range. Hyphens specify inclusive ranges of valid times; commas specify lists of valid time ranges. To run the job, cron calls host and authenticates remote execution, equivalent to running rx host command (see con(1)). The user's profile is run with $service set to rx. Cron is not a reliable service. It skips commands if it cannot reach host within two minutes, or if the cron daemon is not running at the appropriate time. EXAMPLES
Here is the job that mails system news. % cat /cron/upas/cron # send system news 15 8-17, 21 *** helix /mail/lib/mailnews % SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/auth/cron.c SEE ALSO
con(1), rc(1) CRON(8)