Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk, find and print
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Awk, find and print Post 303011197 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 15th of January 2018 02:50:07 AM
Old 01-15-2018
Hello echo manolis,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
awk '{match($0,/ARC=[0-9]+\.[0-9]+|ARC=[0-9]+/);val1=substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH);match($0,/IDE=[0-9]+\/[0-9]+|IDE=[0-9]+/);print val1 ":" substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}'   Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
ARC=3.215465:IDE=122/43
ARC=5.244:IDE=14/4
ARC=1.6254:IDE=2/43

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get awk to print a " in it's print part?

The line is simple, use " '{ print $1"]"$2"\"$3THE " NEEDS TO GO HERE$4 }' I've tried \", "\, ^" and '"" but none of it works. What am I missing? Putting in the [ between $1 and $2 works fine, I just need to do the same with a ". Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK...find a string ,if so print it

Hi, I need to find a string, if it finds then I need to print it , otherwise it has to goto next line.... input is====> uid = shashi, india uid ,uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ========== output shold be uid = shashi, india uid , uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find expression with awk in only one column, and if it fits, print whole column

Hi. How do I find an expression with awk in only one column, and if it fits, then print that whole column. 1 apple oranges 2 bannanas pears 3 cats dogs 4 hesaid shesaid echo "which number:" read NUMBER (user inputs number 2 for this example) awk " /$NUMBER/ {field to search is field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk find in columns with "if then" statement and print results

I have a file1.txt file1.txt F-120009210","Felix","U-M-F-F-F-","white","yes","no","U-M-F-F-F-","Bristol","RI","true" F-120009213","Fluffy","U-F-","white","yes","no","M-F-","Warwick","RI","true" U-120009217","Lity","U-M-","grey","yes","yes","","Fall River","MA","true"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and print specific date with awk

hi all I would like to help me find the problem with this script to find and print to the screen a specific date of a log file that I have on my server, the date it is received as the first argument in the script $ 1 Here I show you a few lines that made ​​the idea of ​​my log file: ****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find and print next string

Can I do this in one awk session. Solution I have is poor. I want to return the number after PID. echo "Start: 12345 is used by PID:11111 username" | awk -F: '{print $3}' | awk '{print $1}' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find text and print value

In the attached file I am using awk to skip the header row, search for specific text, and print particular values that are next to it all from the same field. awk FNR > 1 '$79 == "Bases in target regions"":" "Number of amplicons"': "Target bases with no strand bias"':" {print $79}' >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
ERF(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    ERF(3)

NAME
erf, erff, erfl, - error function SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double erf(double x); float erff(float x); long double erfl(long double x); Link with -lm. Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): erf(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _ISOC99_SOURCE; or cc -std=c99 erff(), erfl(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600|| _ISOC99_SOURCE; or cc -std=c99 DESCRIPTION
The erf() function returns the error function of x, defined as erf(x) = 2/sqrt(pi)* integral from 0 to x of exp(-t*t) dt RETURN VALUE
On success, these functions return the error function of x, a value in the range [-1, 1]. If x is a NaN, a NaN is returned. If x is +0 (-0), +0 (-0) is returned. If x is positive infinity (negative infinity), +1 (-1) is returned. If x is subnormal, a range error occurs, and the return value is 2*x/sqrt(pi). ERRORS
See math_error(7) for information on how to determine whether an error has occurred when calling these functions. The following errors can occur: Range error: result underflow (x is subnormal) An underflow floating-point exception (FE_UNDERFLOW) is raised. These functions do not set errno. CONFORMING TO
C99, POSIX.1-2001. The variant returning double also conforms to SVr4, 4.3BSD. SEE ALSO
cerf(3), erfc(3), exp(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-08-05 ERF(3)