Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Replace hex values using sed command Post 303011176 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 14th of January 2018 03:39:24 PM
Old 01-14-2018
Hi, see if this works for you:
Code:
sed 'y/Á/A/' lalo.txt > lalo2.txt

or
Code:
tr Á A < lalo.txt > lalo2.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modifying binary file by editing Hex values ?

Hi , i'm using special binary file (lotus notes) and modifying an hexadecimal address range with windows hex editor and it works fine ! The file is an AIX one and i'm forced to transfert (ftp) it before modifying it and re-transfert ! NOW i would do this directly under AIX ! I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i use sed to replace string with values from a dictionary file

I have file 1 with one million rows. one of the fields is "FIRSTNAME" (the string) I have a second file with about 20 first names. JUDE DAVID HOMER CANE ABEL MARTY CARL SONNY STEVE BERT OSCAR MICKY JAMES JOHN GLENN DOUG (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyolandre
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to replace values...

I have a file: $somevar=somevalue $anothervar= $someothervar=45 I'd like to be able to replace the values in the file. I just don't know how exactly to use sed. I was thinking along the lines of: cat file | sed "s/$somevar=/anotherval/g" I was hoping this would make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace blank values for string using sed

Hi everyone, I was wondering how could from a file where each row is separated by tabulations, the row values where are in blank replace them by a string or value. My file has this form: 26/01/09 13:45:00 0 0 26/01/09 14:00:00 1495.601318 0 26/01/09 14:15:00 1495.601318 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
4 Replies

6. Programming

searching files for hex or oct values

I have a set of files without extensions. How can I programatically tell if a file is in gzip format? The gzip file format spec RFC 1952 GZIP File Format Specification version 4.3 states that gzip files have certain hex/oct values at the beginning of the file. 1st byte = 0x1f in hex,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert hex values to displayable characters

Hi, I am a bit stuck with displaying characters. I am having values like below in the proper displayable characters. which I would want to print the actual value on the right hand side. I dont want to create an array because I would have to create 255 different values. isnt there another way of... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace values of column with ordered numbering

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script that will create a gnuplot file. My main problem is that I have a data file with two columns: 1.05929120E+09 5.0000701214792 1.05930096E+09 5.00006386985764 1.05930584E+09 5.00019465404908 1.05931072E+09 5.00031960589719 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help search and replace hex values only in specific files

perl -pi -e 's/\x00/\x0d\x0a/g' `grep -l $'GS' filelist` This isn't working :confused:, it's not pulling the files that contain the regex. Please help me rewrite this :wall:. Ideally for this to work on 9K of 20K files in the directory, I've tried this but I don't know enough about awk... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace with "sed" some hex values by other hex values?

Assume I have a file \usr\home\\somedir\myfile123.txt and I want to replace all occurencies of the two (concatenated) hex values x'AD' x'A0' bytwo other (concatenated) hex values x'20' x'6E' How can I achieve this with the gnu sed tool? Additional question: Is there a way to let sed show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies
base32::hex(n)							  Base32 encoding						    base32::hex(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
base32::hex - base32 extended hex encoding SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require base32::core ?0.1? package require base32::hex ?0.1? ::base32::hex::encode string ::base32::hex::decode estring _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides commands for encoding and decoding of strings into and out of the extended hex base32 encoding as specified in the RFC 3548bis draft. API
::base32::hex::encode string This command encodes the given string in extended hex base32 and returns the encoded string as its result. The result may be padded with the character = to signal a partial encoding at the end of the input string. ::base32::hex::decode estring This commands takes the estring and decodes it under the assumption that it is a valid extended hex base32 encoded string. The result of the decoding is returned as the result of the command. Note that while the encoder will generate only uppercase characters this decoder accepts input in lowercase as well. The command will always throw an error whenever encountering conditions which signal some type of bogus input, namely if [1] the input contains characters which are not valid output of a extended hex base32 encoder, [2] the length of the input is not a multiple of eight, [3] padding appears not at the end of input, but in the middle, [4] the padding has not of length six, four, three, or one characters, CODE MAP
The code map used to convert 5-bit sequences is shown below, with the numeric id of the bit sequences to the left and the character used to encode it to the right. The important feature of the extended hex mapping is that the first 16 codes map to the digits and hex characters. 0 0 9 9 18 I 27 R 1 1 10 A 19 J 28 S 2 2 11 B 20 K 29 T 3 3 12 C 21 L 30 U 4 4 13 D 22 M 31 V 5 5 14 E 23 N 6 6 15 F 24 O 7 7 16 G 25 P 8 8 17 H 26 Q BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base32 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
base32, hex, rfc3548 CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Public domain base32 0.1 base32::hex(n)