Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris History
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Solaris History Post 303011136 by goya on Saturday 13th of January 2018 06:33:44 PM
Old 01-13-2018
Code:
mserver.root > ls -la .history

.history: No such file or directory

---------- Post updated at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:32 PM ----------

I am trying to find out what others are doing as root, but since they use /sbin/sh,i guess that I am out of luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Passwd History in Solaris 8

How to set passwd history feature in Solaris 8 to stop users from using their old passwords? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amoorti
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Command history in Solaris

Can someone tell me what I can do to maintain a single history file ? As it is it creates a new file for each session. >ls -a .sh_* .sh_history.10106 .sh_history.15240 .sh_history.21635 .sh_history.4291 .sh_history.11311 .sh_history.16593 .sh_history.23709 .sh_history.4661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
3 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 vi history

i got solaris 10 DVD and i install it on intel 64. how do i set history to vi for command line? i can use backup space as well, it goes with "^H". this won't work, export EDITOR=vi, it response with not an identifier. thanks itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to set history key in Solaris

Hi Solaris guys, I just have my solaris 10 setup on x86 old box... How can i get history key? eg. Linux using up/down arrow key to call history command... HPUX using Esc-k How can i do the samething in Solaris? Thanks in advanced! Regards, gary (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timontt
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris shutdown and boot history

Hello. I'm trying to get a Solaris (SunOS 5.10) shutdown and boot history. Unfortunately the /var/adm/wtmpx file does not cover the period I want to trace. It's been reset. Therefore the command, "last" (or "last reboot") does not reach back far enough. Additionally the /var/adm/messages*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etlpkby
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

history timestamp in Solaris

Anyone knows how to display timestamp in Solaris since "HISTIMEFORMAT" variable is not supported in ksh ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 10 reboot history

Dears Kindly am requested to collect the date histroy that the system was rebooted, so is there any log file or command that i can find the time that the system was rebooted? thanks a lot for you kind support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

10. Solaris

View 30 days history of freemem Solaris 10

I need to bump up the memory allocated to an Oracle database running on Solaris 10. While I see there is currently plenty of free memory to spare, how do I view the history of free memory on Solaris over the last month? What is the exact command? ---------- Post updated at 02:55 PM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimimiami
0 Replies
ROOTTAIL(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ROOTTAIL(1)

NAME
root-tail - print text directly to X11 root window SYNOPSIS
root-tail [-g|--geometry GEOMETRY] [-fn|--font FONTSPEC] [--color color] [--reload SEC COMMAND] [--shade] [--outline] [--minspace] [--noflicker] [-f|--fork] [--reverse] [--whole] [--partial] [--update] [--cont STRING] [--wordwrap] [--justify] [--noinitial] [--frame] [-id ID] [-i|--interval SECONDS] [-V] file1[,color[,desc]] [file2[,color[,desc]]] DESCRIPTION
Displays a given file anywhere on your X11 root window, i.e. it is kind of tail -f for multiple files using your desktop background as out- put window. All non-option arguments on the command line are files to be logged. A null desc (example: "/var/log/messages,red,") will prevent the printing of a description and the []'s. General Options --color COLOR Use COLOR as default. --font | -fn FONTSPEC Use font FONTSPEC. This can be either a fixed width font like -fn fixed or any font using -fn '-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*' with the appropriate fields filled out (see xfontsel). Specifying a different FONTSPEC before each filename will cause each file to be displayed in a different font. -f | --fork Forks to the background. --reverse Display the files in reverse order, with the newest lines at the top. --whole Only display whole lines. If the last line of a file doesn't yet end with a newline character then wait until it does before dis- playing it. This is the default if more than one file is being displayed. --partial This is the opposite of the --whole option (see above). It displays lines even if they don't yet have a newline at the end. This is the default if only one file is being displayed. --update Update partial lines 'in place' if they are still on the screen when they are updated in their files. Using --update automatically turns on --partial. --cont STRING When partial lines are broken into two lines in the display, prefix the 2nd line with STRING. Defaults to "|| ". Specify the "--whole" argument to ensure partial lines are never displayed, or specify "--update" to attempt to "repair" broken lines in-place. --cont-color COLOR Use COLOR when displaying the continuation string (as optionally specified with the --cont option above). --wordwrap The default behaviour is to fit as much as possible onto each line of output, even if this means splitting a word between one line and the next. The --wordwrap argument splits lines at spaces if possible. --justify After wrapping long lines, attempt to justify the text to produce a smooth right-hand margin. Implies --wordwrap. --reload SEC COMMAND Re-display the file(s) and run COMMAND every SEC seconds. The default is to never re-display the file(s). --shade Add black shading to the font. --outline Add a black outline to the font (making redraws quite a bit slower). --minspace Use minimum linespace even when using shading or outlining. This might result in leftover pixels (dependign on font and logfile con- tent). --noflicker Use slower but flicker-free update. --noinitial Don't display the end of the file(s) initially. -id ID Use the given window ID for output instead of the root window. -i | --interval SECONDS Use the specified sleeping interval between checks instead of the default 2.4 seconds. Fractional values are OK. -V Print version information. --frame Draw a frame around the selected area. This is useful when trying to find the perfect geometry. EXAMPLE
root-tail -g 800x250+100+50 -font 10x20 /var/log/messages,green -font 12x24 /var/log/secure,red,'ALERT' BUGS
Some desktop environments open a virtual root window and make it difficult to share it. If you cannot see anything after starting root- tail, try to find a setting "allow programs on desktop" or similar, or manually specify a window id. Should you happen to find any bugs please fix them and send me a diff. NOTE: This program was modified by Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com>, who couldn't reach the original author. Please direct bug-reports etc. to pcg@goof.com. http://root-tail.plan9.de/ 4.2 Berkeley Distribution 2004-03-27 ROOTTAIL(1)