Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Any example about sockets in C++? Post 303011121 by mmartinez on Saturday 13th of January 2018 12:19:50 PM
Old 01-13-2018
Question Any example about sockets in C++?

Hi, i am student, think learning about c++, someone has a example the how establish a conection with sockets SmilieSmilie
This User Gave Thanks to mmartinez For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sockets...

Hi ! I had a verry simple question to ask... In unix when we create pipes.. the unnamed pipes that is... is there any way to access those pipes outside the code ? Another thing.. do sockets have an entry in the inode table ? TIA, Devyani. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devy8
1 Replies

2. Programming

Sockets!?!?!?!?!?!

I am looking for a way to have a program listen on a port (example: 8000) for communication I will be sending via that port to it(Linux Kernel machine). Once it recieves an appropiate command I need it to run a .bat file in linux. I know what I need to do but I am running into a few problems:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigB8210
8 Replies

3. Programming

sockets

Hai, How cani declare socket and collect the data in a string varialbe. Since i am new to this i am asking this. Can we connect multiple port. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sockets

how do i mointor how many sockets are opened from a particular foriegn address? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirpond
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sockets in use

Is there a way to see what sockets are in use? The developers here are getting some defunct processes and they would like to get a socket list. This is on a Solaris 8 machine. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

sockets and firewall

Is it possible to trace the packages and the statuses of client's and/or server's sockets by the UNIX network administrative tools? Two applications interact via sockets. There is no problem if they stay in the same network segment. If their hosts connected through the firewall then they aren't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

7. Programming

need help with sockets

anyone and teach me how to save standard output to a file in a client/server socket. I know how to read them to the screen but i'm not quite sure how to save them to a file. my read to screen file code: memset(line, 0x0, LINE_ARRAY_SIZE); while (recv(connectSocket, line, MAX_MSG, 0) >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crunchyuser
1 Replies

8. Programming

Sockets

Hi,i now moved into a different section where i need to use sockets. i am completely nill in sockets. can some body please provide me what are the requirements for a socket. to use sockets in c. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrUser
1 Replies

9. Programming

Help with sockets in C

if i have a server which wants to connect to exactly 5 clients, does that mean i need 5 socket file descriptors and use listen(socket_fd,1); for each one or just do listen(socket_fd,5) also whats the second parameter number mean? what happens if i put 0 there? also if i am connected... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
28 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sockets

hai guys, I'm doing a project in which one server communicates with several clients. How can i do it when i have different port numbers???:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
0 Replies
SOCKSTAT(1)                                                 BSD General Commands Manual                                                SOCKSTAT(1)

NAME
sockstat -- list open sockets SYNOPSIS
sockstat [-clh] [-p ports] [-P pid|process] [-U uid|user] [-G gid|group] DESCRIPTION
The sockstat command lists open Internet or UNIX domain sockets. The following options are available: -c Show connected sockets. -l Show listening sockets. -h Show a usage summary. -p ports Only show Internet sockets if either the local or foreign port number is on the specified list. The ports argument is a comma- separated list of port numbers and ranges specified as first and last port separated by a dash. -P pid|process Only show sockets of the specified pid|process. The pid|process argument is a process name or pid. -U uid|user Only show sockets of the specified uid|user. The uid|user argument is a username or uid. -G gid|group Only show sockets of the specified gid|group. The gid|group argument is a groupname or gid. If neither -c or -l is specified, sockstat will list both listening and connected sockets. The information listed for each socket is: USER The user who owns the socket. COMMAND The command which holds the socket. PID The process ID of the command which holds the socket. FD The file descriptor number of the socket. PROTO The transport protocol associated with the socket for Internet sockets, or the type of socket (stream or datagram) for UNIX sockets. LOCAL ADDRESS For Internet sockets, this is the address the local end of the socket is bound to (see getsockname(2)). For bound UNIX sockets, it is the socket's filename. For other UNIX sockets, it is a right arrow followed by the endpoint's filename, or ``??'' if the endpoint could not be determined. FOREIGN ADDRESS (Internet sockets only) The address the foreign end of the socket is bound to (see getpeername(2)). SEE ALSO
netstat(1), protocols(5) HISTORY
The sockstat command appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. AUTHORS
The sockstat command and this manual page were written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org>. The sockstat command was ported to Linux by William Pitcock <nenolod@nenolod.net>. BSD May 18, 2008 BSD