Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removal of space
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removal of space Post 303011064 by Praful Pednekar on Friday 12th of January 2018 01:19:40 PM
Old 01-12-2018
Code:
select file_name from dba_data_files where tablespace_name = 'SYSTEM^I^I^I^I';$
select file_name from dba_data_files where tablespace_name = 'SYSAUX^I^I^I^I';$

Last edited by Don Cragun; 01-12-2018 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags, again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removal

I am using Unix as my OS on my server and would like to format my hard drive. How do I go about wiping my hard drive or is there a removal tool that I can use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaconda
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removal of Data

Hi All, (And first up, a Happy New Year to you all! 363 days to go!) I need to make sure that our old Sun Sparcstations and Servers are clear of any Confidential data before I return them... Suggestions? I'm formatting the discs to make sure that there's nothing obvious, but would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: geralex
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

removal of files?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: remove all files and only files that the first three characters start with numerals. 2. Relevant commands,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxtraining
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

semaphore removal

I have one process which creates semaphore with permission 600. Then at some part of the code I have line where this semaphore will be removed. Problem I have is that other processes in my program also try to execute this line of code. Of course since they dont have permission they wont be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joker40
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n removal between two |

I have a multi-line string I'm trying to do some clean-up on. Example: 1|575|67866|"fgnhdgj"|"afhgajh agfajgf ahfjhgfk ahfkhf"|568 2|56|5435|"mayank"|"gupta gdja agdjagf"|677 3|5666|5435|"mayank"|"gupta gdja agdjagf"|677 I need a shell script that replace all \n under " ". (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayankgupta18
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removal of space from the end

HI, I need the help from the experts like I have created one file with text like: Code: a b c de f g hi j k l So my question is that i have to write the script in which like in the first sentence it will take only one space after d and remove all the extra space in the end.I dont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanudhingra
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undesired removal of white space with awk

Hi, I'm fairly new to scripting and I have a problem that I am having difficulty solving. What I'd like to do is run an awk script to adjust the string in the first field depending on the string in another field. This is best explained with an example: Here is my script: cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calbrex
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Duplicate removal

I have an input file of 5GB which contains duplicate records and have to remove duplicate records by retaing first instance of that record . Based on 5 fields the duplicates has to be removed . Kindly request to help me in writing a Unix Script. Thanks Asim (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: duplicate
11 Replies

10. Web Development

Vbseo removal

first off i want to thank you for such a great site, you helped me narrow down a long search on what was wrong with my forum, i have a large forum motorbicycling DOT com which i had someone remove vbseo before they went under because of all the security problems. anyway i have lots of 404 errors... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: atcspaul
13 Replies
INDEX(7) SQL Commands ALTER INDEX(7) NAME
ALTER INDEX - change the definition of an index SYNOPSIS
ALTER INDEX name RENAME TO new_name ALTER INDEX name SET TABLESPACE tablespace_name ALTER INDEX name SET ( storage_parameter = value [, ... ] ) ALTER INDEX name RESET ( storage_parameter [, ... ] ) DESCRIPTION
ALTER INDEX changes the definition of an existing index. There are several subforms: RENAME The RENAME form changes the name of the index. There is no effect on the stored data. SET TABLESPACE This form changes the index's tablespace to the specified tablespace and moves the data file(s) associated with the index to the new tablespace. See also CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)]. SET ( storage_parameter = value [, ... ] ) This form changes one or more index-method-specific storage parameters for the index. See CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)] for details on the available parameters. Note that the index contents will not be modified immediately by this command; depending on the parame- ter you might need to rebuild the index with REINDEX [reindex(7)] to get the desired effects. RESET ( storage_parameter [, ... ] ) This form resets one or more index-method-specific storage parameters to their defaults. As with SET, a REINDEX might be needed to update the index entirely. PARAMETERS
name The name (possibly schema-qualified) of an existing index to alter. new_name The new name for the index. tablespace_name The tablespace to which the index will be moved. storage_parameter The name of an index-method-specific storage parameter. value The new value for an index-method-specific storage parameter. This might be a number or a word depending on the parameter. NOTES
These operations are also possible using ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)]. ALTER INDEX is in fact just an alias for the forms of ALTER TABLE that apply to indexes. There was formerly an ALTER INDEX OWNER variant, but this is now ignored (with a warning). An index cannot have an owner different from its table's owner. Changing the table's owner automatically changes the index as well. Changing any part of a system catalog index is not permitted. EXAMPLES
To rename an existing index: ALTER INDEX distributors RENAME TO suppliers; To move an index to a different tablespace: ALTER INDEX distributors SET TABLESPACE fasttablespace; To change an index's fill factor (assuming that the index method supports it): ALTER INDEX distributors SET (fillfactor = 75); REINDEX INDEX distributors; COMPATIBILITY
ALTER INDEX is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)], REINDEX [reindex(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER INDEX(7)