Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem Post 303011001 by milhan on Thursday 11th of January 2018 02:15:41 PM
Old 01-11-2018
Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about how these routers work.. I bought a Netgear C3700 modem router on eBay about a month ago and couldn't get it to broadcast internet, neither wired nor wireless. When I plug it in and turn it on, all lights come on, but the internet light keeps blinking steadily even if the mac address is activated by the isp which is Comcast. I am able connect to the modem/router's interface at 192.168.0.1 and change the settings and so on. For the internet tab it says "not connected". In other words, everything looks fine but it just doesn't receive or broadcast the internet. Any idea?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi Modem Problem And cpp

Hi am very new to unix.I got installed linux mandrake and the first problem is whith the modem i don't know why but it does not work. i config it on /dev/modem and some time it says "the modem is bussy" and some time it says: "Modem ready" but the modem did'n switch on Ok the other question... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

3. Solaris

inbuilt modem problem

when I use the on-board modem.........and I dial in I get the login prompt when I enter id and password it gives..........invalid login.... i hv sun fire 280R system pls help me urgently........i m frustated thx girish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
3 Replies

4. BSD

cable modem problem

hi I want to setup my cable modem under OpenBSD. I did not configure my network while installing the system. When I type, I get # ifconfig -a lo0 : .... ... ... rl0 : .... ... ... vr0 : ... ... ... I have two network cards (the machine will be a router). I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

5. SCO

Problem with USRobotics modem

We have problem with new USRobotics modem (V.92). Old one was also USRobotics but K56. I put all jumpers at this same positions like old has, but we still can get connection (modem not responding). New modem works fine under winXP. SCO OpenServer R5 installed (console only). Any idea? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackTheKnife
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Netgear wireless router as Access Point

Hi guys, I want to setup AP using an NETGEAR WGR614 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless Router The router works fine, but I don't have internet access. I will describe the structure of the net to explain it: I have one server (Free BSD 7) with 2 LAN PCI cards: re0 - it is connected to my ISP ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitemap
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How ttyUSB* created on my 3G modem problem

Hi I would like to ask if someone knows the explaination of the /dev/ttyUSB*. I had a internet connection 3G usb dongle modem and need to restart before it detected the mobile broadband in the network manager. Before i reinstalled the lucyd lynxs i never meet this problem. But after i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies
FAITH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  FAITH(4)

NAME
faith -- IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay capturing interface SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device faith [count] DESCRIPTION
The faith interface captures IPv6 TCP traffic, for implementing userland IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay like faithd(8). Special action will be taken when IPv6 TCP traffic is seen on a router, and routing table suggests to route it to faith interface. In this case, the packet will be accepted by the router, regardless of list of IPv6 interface addresses assigned to the router. The packet will be captured by an IPv6 TCP socket, if it has IN6P_FAITH flag turned on and it has matching address/port pairs. In result, faith will let you capture IPv6 TCP traffic to some specific destination addresses. Userland programs, such as faithd(8) can use this behavior to relay IPv6 TCP traffic to IPv4 TCP traffic. The program can accept some specific IPv6 TCP traffic, perform getsockname(2) to get the IPv6 destination address specified by the client, and perform application-specific address mapping to relay IPv6 TCP to IPv4 TCP. The IN6P_FAITH flag on IPv6 TCP socket can be set by using setsockopt(2), with level equals to IPPROTO_IPV6 and optname equals to IPv6_FAITH. To handle error reports by ICMPv6, some of ICMPv6 packets routed to faith interface will be delivered to IPv6 TCP, as well. To understand how faith can be used, take a look at source code of faithd(8). As faith interface implements potentially dangerous operation, great care must be taken when configuring faith interface. To avoid possible misuse, sysctl(8) variable net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith must be set to 1 prior to the use of the interface. When net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith is 0, no packet will be captured by faith interface. faith interface is intended to be used on routers, not on hosts. SEE ALSO
inet(4), inet6(4), faithd(8) Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino and Kazu Yamamoto, An IPv6-to-IPv4 transport relay translator, internet draft, draft-ietf-ngtrans-tcpudp- relay-04.txt, work in progress material. HISTORY
The FAITH IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay translator was first appeared in WIDE hydrangea IPv6 stack. BSD
April 10, 1999 BSD