Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem Post 303011001 by milhan on Thursday 11th of January 2018 02:15:41 PM
Old 01-11-2018
Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about how these routers work.. I bought a Netgear C3700 modem router on eBay about a month ago and couldn't get it to broadcast internet, neither wired nor wireless. When I plug it in and turn it on, all lights come on, but the internet light keeps blinking steadily even if the mac address is activated by the isp which is Comcast. I am able connect to the modem/router's interface at 192.168.0.1 and change the settings and so on. For the internet tab it says "not connected". In other words, everything looks fine but it just doesn't receive or broadcast the internet. Any idea?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi Modem Problem And cpp

Hi am very new to unix.I got installed linux mandrake and the first problem is whith the modem i don't know why but it does not work. i config it on /dev/modem and some time it says "the modem is bussy" and some time it says: "Modem ready" but the modem did'n switch on Ok the other question... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

3. Solaris

inbuilt modem problem

when I use the on-board modem.........and I dial in I get the login prompt when I enter id and password it gives..........invalid login.... i hv sun fire 280R system pls help me urgently........i m frustated thx girish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
3 Replies

4. BSD

cable modem problem

hi I want to setup my cable modem under OpenBSD. I did not configure my network while installing the system. When I type, I get # ifconfig -a lo0 : .... ... ... rl0 : .... ... ... vr0 : ... ... ... I have two network cards (the machine will be a router). I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

5. SCO

Problem with USRobotics modem

We have problem with new USRobotics modem (V.92). Old one was also USRobotics but K56. I put all jumpers at this same positions like old has, but we still can get connection (modem not responding). New modem works fine under winXP. SCO OpenServer R5 installed (console only). Any idea? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackTheKnife
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Netgear wireless router as Access Point

Hi guys, I want to setup AP using an NETGEAR WGR614 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless Router The router works fine, but I don't have internet access. I will describe the structure of the net to explain it: I have one server (Free BSD 7) with 2 LAN PCI cards: re0 - it is connected to my ISP ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitemap
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How ttyUSB* created on my 3G modem problem

Hi I would like to ask if someone knows the explaination of the /dev/ttyUSB*. I had a internet connection 3G usb dongle modem and need to restart before it detected the mobile broadband in the network manager. Before i reinstalled the lucyd lynxs i never meet this problem. But after i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies
ATALKD(8)							   Netatalk 2.2 							 ATALKD(8)

NAME
atalkd - AppleTalk RTMP, NBP, ZIP, and AEP manager SYNOPSIS
atalkd [-f configfile] [-1] [-2] DESCRIPTION
atalkd is responsible for all user level AppleTalk network management. This includes routing, name registration and lookup, zone lookup, and the AppleTalk Echo Protocol (similar to ping(8)). atalkd is typically started at boot time, out of /etc/rc. It first reads from its configuration file, /etc/netatalk/atalkd.conf. If there is no configuration file, atalkd will attempt to configure all available interfaces and will create a configuration file. The file consists of a series of interfaces, one per line. Lines with `#' in the first column are ignored, as are blank lines. The syntax is interface [ -seed ] [ -phase number ] [ -net net-range ] [ -addr address ] [ -zone zonename ] ... Note that all fields except the interface are optional. The loopback interface is configured automatically. If -seed is specified, all other fields must be present. Also, atalkd will exit during bootstrapping, if a router disagrees with its seed information. If -seed is not given, all other information may be overriden during auto-configuration. If no -phase option is given, the default phase as given on the command line is used (the default is 2). If -addr is given and -net is not, a net-range of one is assumed. The first -zone directive for each interface is the ``default'' zone. Under Phase 1, there is only one zone. Under Phase 2, all routers on the network are configured with the default zone and must agree. atalkd maps ``*'' to the default zone of the first interface. Note: The default zone for a machine is determined by the configuration of the local routers; to appear in a non-default zone, each service, e.g. afpd, must individually specify the desired zone. See also nbp_name(3). ROUTING
If you are connecting a netatalk router to an existing AppleTalk internet, you should first contact your local network administrators to obtain appropriate network addresses. atalkd can provide routing between interfaces by configuring multiple interfaces. Each interface must be assigned a unique net-range between 1 and 65279 (0 and 65535 are illegal, and addresses between 65280 and 65534 are reserved for startup). It is best to choose the smallest useful net-range, i.e. if you have three machines on an Ethernet, don't chose a net-range of 1000-2000. Each net-range may have an arbitrary list of zones associated with it. EXAMPLES
Below is an example configuration file for a sun4/40. The machine has two interfaces, ``le0'' and ``le1''. The ``le0'' interface is configured automatically from other routers on the network. The machine is the only router for the ``le1'' interface. le0 le1 -seed -net 9461-9471 -zone netatalk -zone Argus atalkd automatically acts as a router if there is more than one interface. FILES
/etc/netatalk/atalkd.conf configuration file BUGS
On some systems, atalkd can not be restarted. SEE ALSO
atalkd.conf(5) Netatalk 2.2 06 Sep 2004 ATALKD(8)