Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris History
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Solaris History Post 303010986 by goya on Thursday 11th of January 2018 11:57:26 AM
Old 01-11-2018
Solaris History

why in solaris 10 I do not get history when I have the role as root?

Code:
computer.root > history

I get history:not found

I am in
Code:
computer.root > echo $SHELL

Code:
/bin/sh

computer.root >

how can I see roots history in the sh shell?

but in other shells I can only see my history and no one elses who I able to su - root?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Passwd History in Solaris 8

How to set passwd history feature in Solaris 8 to stop users from using their old passwords? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amoorti
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Command history in Solaris

Can someone tell me what I can do to maintain a single history file ? As it is it creates a new file for each session. >ls -a .sh_* .sh_history.10106 .sh_history.15240 .sh_history.21635 .sh_history.4291 .sh_history.11311 .sh_history.16593 .sh_history.23709 .sh_history.4661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
3 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 vi history

i got solaris 10 DVD and i install it on intel 64. how do i set history to vi for command line? i can use backup space as well, it goes with "^H". this won't work, export EDITOR=vi, it response with not an identifier. thanks itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to set history key in Solaris

Hi Solaris guys, I just have my solaris 10 setup on x86 old box... How can i get history key? eg. Linux using up/down arrow key to call history command... HPUX using Esc-k How can i do the samething in Solaris? Thanks in advanced! Regards, gary (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timontt
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris shutdown and boot history

Hello. I'm trying to get a Solaris (SunOS 5.10) shutdown and boot history. Unfortunately the /var/adm/wtmpx file does not cover the period I want to trace. It's been reset. Therefore the command, "last" (or "last reboot") does not reach back far enough. Additionally the /var/adm/messages*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etlpkby
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

history timestamp in Solaris

Anyone knows how to display timestamp in Solaris since "HISTIMEFORMAT" variable is not supported in ksh ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 10 reboot history

Dears Kindly am requested to collect the date histroy that the system was rebooted, so is there any log file or command that i can find the time that the system was rebooted? thanks a lot for you kind support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

10. Solaris

View 30 days history of freemem Solaris 10

I need to bump up the memory allocated to an Oracle database running on Solaris 10. While I see there is currently plenty of free memory to spare, how do I view the history of free memory on Solaris over the last month? What is the exact command? ---------- Post updated at 02:55 PM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimimiami
0 Replies
Bio::Tools::EUtilities::History(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Bio::Tools::EUtilities::History(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::EUtilities::History - lightweight implementation of HistoryI interface (not bound to filehandles, extraneous methods, etc). SYNOPSIS
#should work for any class which is-a HistoryI if ($obj->has_History) { # do something here } ($webenv, $querykey) = $obj->history; $obj->history($webenv, $querykey); $webenv = $obj->get_webenv; $query_key = $obj->get_query_key; DESCRIPTION
This class extends methods for any EUtilDataI implementation allow instances to dealwith NCBI history data (WebEnv and query_key). These can be used as parameters for further queries against data sets stored on the NCBI server, much like NCBI's Entrez search history. These are important when one wants to run complex queries using esearch, retrieve related data using elink, and retrieve large datasets using epost/efetch. This class is the simplest implementation and merely holds data for future queries from any HistoryI. See also Bio::Tools::EUtilities::Query (esearch) and Bio::Tools::EUtilities::LinkSet (elink), which also implement HistoryI. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@lists.open-bio.org - General discussion http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web. https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR
Email cjfields at bioperl dot org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ history Title : history Usage : my ($webenv, $qk) = $hist->history Function : Get/Set two-element list of webenv() and query_key() Returns : array Args : two-element list of webenv, query key get_webenv Title : get_webenv Usage : my $webenv = $hist->get_webenv Function : returns web environment key needed to retrieve results from NCBI server Returns : string (encoded key) Args : none get_query_key Title : get_query_key Usage : my $qk = $hist->get_query_key Function : returns query key (integer) for the history number for this session Returns : integer Args : none to_string Title : to_string Usage : $foo->to_string() Function : converts current object to string Returns : none Args : (optional) simple data for text formatting Note : Used generally for debugging and for the print_* methods perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Tools::EUtilities::History(3pm)