Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ufsrestore
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ufsrestore Post 303010985 by hicksd8 on Thursday 11th of January 2018 11:09:31 AM
Old 01-11-2018
Swap space doesn't need formatting. You do not create a filesystem on a swap slice. Provided it is designated as swap (in the VTOC) that will do.

It will probably automatically cope with a different video adapter and load the correct driver at boot time.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ufsrestore -i

Hi there, I have a problem at the moment trying to restore a directory from a Super DLT tape with about 3 weeks worth of backups on it. I need to be able to get the last backup performed on this tape but using ufsrestore -i it only restores the first backup which is no good to me. There is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore

on sparc solaris 2.8 hosts, HOSTB, after changing to /dir1 need to: connect to tape drive on HostA. change directory to /dir0/dir1 on tape and restore everything under that path to /dir1 directory. could i get help?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S26+
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore?

I'm trying to restore a server from a backup tape. I've partitioned my drive, and I've run into a problem; After extracting everything from the tape, It seems as if only the directory structure is intact. Here are my steps: 1. booted from cdrom to single user mode boot cdrom -s 2. used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Using ufsdump and ufsrestore

HI Gurus, I have a sunfire V445 server running SAP ECC 6.0 with an Oracle database on Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9). I recently completed a ufsdump to tape of the following files:- /, /usr, /oracle, /export, /sapr3, I want to restore these files from tape onto a different server of the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charleywasharo
5 Replies

5. Solaris

ufsrestore

Hi , I accidentally deleted crontab entries and I need to restore back urgently ! we use a ufsdump with 0cfu option. I like to know how to restrore / retrieve to different location for crontab file only from the backup. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
4 Replies

6. Solaris

What is volume in ufsrestore

Hi Gurus, Can you guys please explain what is volume in ufsrestore? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

7. Solaris

ufsrestore will not boot

hey all, i did a ufsdump/restore from a mirrored system and i'm not able to get the new system to boot off of the dump. system 1 is a v245 mirrored with disk suite. metadb's are in place d3 -m d23 d13 d33 1 d23 1 1 c1t1d0s3 d13 1 1 c1t0d0s3 d33 1 1 c1t2d0s3 d0 -m d20 d10 d30 1 d20 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: em23
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How do you ufsrestore the fast way?

hi, on my sol9 box i create my backup using the below command: /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u2 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u3 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 now on the new sol10 box, to restore i use this commands: cd /u1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
3 Replies

9. Solaris

ufsrestore T5240

Hi Friends we have sun T5240 server, we have taken ufsdump of this server remotely with scsi tapedrive, If we need to do ufsrestore means what we have to do, since T5240 has not having scsi port, any procedure is there? Regards Rajasekar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ufsrestore on Solaris 9

Good Morning, I'm running through a Solaris 9 ufsrestore process on a Sunblade 2500 that folks here helped me write a year ago. Here: https://www.unix.com/303011447-post11.html Hicksd8 tells me to # rm restoresymtable. I see this file in the other slices as well. Do I remove it from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
8 Replies
allocate_fs_swapmap(5)						File Formats Manual					    allocate_fs_swapmap(5)

NAME
allocate_fs_swapmap - determines when swapmap structures are allocated for filesystem swap VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values or DESCRIPTION
The tunable is used to determine whether to allocate all needed filesystem swap structures during the initialization of the filesystem swap device or wait until they are needed. Pre-allocation of all filesystem swap structures upon initialization saves time during later usage of the filesystem swap, and prevents later allocation failure due to physical memory contention. Dynamic allocation decreases the memory footprint of the filesystem swap system. Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? Systems under heavy memory load may not be able to acquire enough memory to hold the swap mapping structures for an addition of file system swap. These calls to add swap would fail with the error though presumably they would be retried. Frequent failure on file system swap addition with would merit enabling this tunable. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? All the swap map structures for each file system swap device would be preallocated during swap initialization at kernel boot, increasing the memory footprint of the kernel. The amount of increase depends on the number and size of file system swap devices. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? Systems with limited memory available to the kernel that also have limited use of file system swap devices should disable this tunable to decrease kernel memory usage. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? File system swap additions may fail with when memory contention is high. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters allocate_fs_swapmap(5)