Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add current time stamp column in existing csv file Post 303010814 by netdbaind on Sunday 7th of January 2018 11:20:01 PM
Old 01-08-2018
Wrench Add current time stamp column in existing csv file

Hi ,

I want to add a new column 'current_time stamp' in my existing csv file with current time stamp for all the records.I tried something this but this is printing 0 with date & time and printed date one line above header.Please help
Code:
 awk -F "," 'BEGIN{ OFS="," } {$6=system("date '+%Y%m%d%H%M%S'");print}' final_copy.csv

output for above code:
Code:
Hostname,IP-Address,Instance-status,Region,RHEL-version,0
local_host_001,110.22.66.100,running,AMER,7.2.3,0

Last edited by Don Cragun; 01-08-2018 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: Change HTML tags to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting Date&Time Stamp In Existing Log File

I am trying to insert a line with a date stamp in a file that is used to monitor activity in one of our directories. By doing this, I want to grep that file each day and go to the last entry for each time a error occurred and pull all errors generated if any exist. If error exists I want that error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shephardfamily
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a new column in an existing file

Hi guys, Please help me if u have some solution. I have a file with three columns separated by ':' - INPUT_FILE C416722_2 : calin Dirigent : Dirigent AC4174_6 : Jac : cal_co TC4260_5 : [no : lin kite BC426302_1 : [no : calin Dirigent lin JC426540_3 : lin Pymo_bin : calin TC428_3 : no7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unziping to current time stamp

Basically when ever unzipping the .zip file , what ever the file exist in the .zip file with the time stamp, that is the same time stamp after unzip. But if i need the current time stamp to the unzipped file(time stamp whenever unzip process occurs ) any helpful option in unzip command ??? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip to current time stamp?

I need the current time stamp to the unzipped file , any helpful option in unzip command ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to add a data column in existing file

Hi All I need to add a column on my existing data file. I know similar posts are there but none of them were meeting my requirement. My input is 1.20 3.44 4.88 5.11 4.99 3.22 1.89 3.89 2.90 Desired output 1 1.20 3.44 4.88 2 5.11 4.99 3.22 3 1.89 3.89 2.90 I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahbub03
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

add string and time stamp on each line of file

I have file A.txt A 1023 B 123 C 1223 I want output Hello_12PM_A 1023 Hello_12PM_B 123 Helll_12PM_C 1223 Add Hello and time stamp in AM and PM. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it??

I want to find a file using find or any utility having the current date time stamp..... I have an alternate way to do that.... but that is too way out of logic... so looking out something with find itself (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the dat time stamp just before the last extension of a file?

hi, A file name is in the form inside a variable FILE_NAME="s1.txt.xls" i want to append date and time stamp inbetween s1.txt and .xls. so after appending date time stamp the file name would be MOD_FILE_NAME="s1.txt.201307251422.xls" currently i am using the below code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change date time stamp of existing file

I have a file hello.txt which was created today (today's date timestamp) I wish to change its date timestamp (access, modified, created) to 1 week old i.e one week from now. uname -a SunOS mymac 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v Can you please suggest a easy way to do that ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diplay current time stamp in the output

I want to display the command output in a particular format. can you please suggest how can i do this Output of the command Name= XYZ Company= Alpha Department= Accounts Country= Singapore Name=MNC Company= Beta Department= Engineering country=Malta Name=ABC Company=Gamma... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swets
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)