Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IO queue maxtime over 1 minute Post 303010663 by MadeInGermany on Friday 5th of January 2018 03:34:55 AM
Old 01-05-2018
It looks like there are occasional sector read errors (where the retry worked).
If the disk is old then it is going bad - replacement needed.
If the disk is new then there might be a bug in the disk firmware (or in the disk driver in the kernel).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

linux 7.1 goes off every other minute

i have loaded linux 7.1 on my PC along with win98 the problem is that every other minute th system goes off please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidya_harnal
1 Replies

2. Solaris

syslog messages every minute

Hi If we have for example a disk that is experiencing problems, ie read errors etc, a message will get generated via syslog every one minute....I come in the morning to hundreds upon hundreds of the same message. Is there anyway to change this to say 5 minutes or maybe 10 mins etc so that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Programming

how can i run a process for a whole minute?

here's the problem, i have two processes that i need to run and both process should be run at a total of 1 minute each. how do i do that? and one more here's what the processes do: the 1st process show the '+" sign infinitely while the 2nd process displays the "-" infinitely. how could i count the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelogs1347
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting running every minute

Hi Experts, below similar thread i posted earlier. Although i wish to know ur suggestion newly. I want to run a script every 1 minute. I tried with Crontab. But the problem is cron send every 1 mins invertal- mail to the user mailbox. meanwhile, some expert telling me it is not wise to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i get only last 5 minute worth of data

I have a text file called 'tomcat_temp_out'. I want to get only last 5 minute worth of data from this file and redirect those data into another fule. Could you please help to work on this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab for every minute or every hour

How to set crontab for every minute or every hour (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

The 5 Minute Management Course (Six Lessons)

Lesson 1: A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process file every minute

Hey guy's, How can I schedule this script using AWK, what I require is it runs every minute as new data will be added to the file? And I need to capture these data and save it to the output file. I tried using sleep 1 to allow the file to be processed but is not working. awk ' ... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
35 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minute(4) issue in teradata

I have values below for which diff field is giving error like "invalid time interval" in teradata Might be it is not doing calculation anymore after exceeding minute(4) value END_TS 2/2/2018 08:50:49.000000 START_TS 1/5/2018 17:30:02.000000 SLA_TIME 23:59:59.000000 select... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
0 Replies
RD(9F)                                                     Kernel Functions for Drivers                                                     RD(9F)

NAME
RD, rd - get pointer to the read queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> queue_t *RD(queue_t *q); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
q Pointer to the write queue whose read queue is to be returned. DESCRIPTION
The RD() function accepts a write queue pointer as an argument and returns a pointer to the read queue of the same module. CAUTION: Make sure the argument to this function is a pointer to a write queue. RD() will not check for queue type, and a system panic could result if it is not the right type. RETURN VALUES
The pointer to the read queue. CONTEXT
RD() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Function page reference See the qreply(9F) function page for an example of RD(). SEE ALSO
qreply(9F), WR(9F) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 15 Nov 1991 RD(9F)