Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users GNU = inventions that nobody wants? Post 303010627 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 4th of January 2018 08:59:19 AM
Old 01-04-2018
Ah yes, the non-standard "START" and "BSDSTART" say it correctly
Code:
ps -p 3516 -o stime,start,bsdstart,lstart,etime
STIME  STARTED  START                  STARTED     ELAPSED
 2017   Dec 19 Dec 19 Tue Dec 19 17:10:57 2017 15-21:43:58

But a casual ps -f gives STIME and that's unusable.
A bit more intelligent would have been to check the "etime" and switch to the year if the etime is > 360 days.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Gnu C

hello, i have use only TURBO C for programming.i used to did only on windows OS. but now i am trying to program on Linux systems.so i heard about GNU C tools and compiler. i am a bit confused and i want to know a very simplified answer for it. can anybody help me. what a heck is this GNU...... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
1 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

GNU/Solaris

i am looking forward to this one: http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=11672#11672 i thought that the gentoo community would release the first opensolaris distri, but perhabs we will get a chance to try opensolaris within 1/2 hour installation and not 12 hours "gentoo-stage_1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Gnu tools for hp-ux

Hi everyone, I urgently need to install all GNU tools for HP-UX 11.23. Is there somewhere i can get the whole package as opposed to download each of them separate. I'm really stuck, i need them especially gcc. kindly assist. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU screen

Hello, One of the things I like about screen is that it has a scrollback buffer, which if you go into the copy mode, will let you go back for a specified number of line. Is there a way to extend the number of scrollback lines in screen? I've looked thoroughly online and I could not find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

non GNU utilities

Hi Chaps, Does anyone know of a source of proprietary unix utilities. I often fall into the trap of testing a spot of code on my linux machine, posting the answer in the forums and then realise that the solution may only work with the GNU utils that I use, and not standard posix ones (if there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wempy
4 Replies

6. BSD

Anyone using GNU BSD?

Is anyone using or planning to use GNU BSD in production yet? I'd like to hear experiences. (Debian GNU/NetBSD) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpsville
8 Replies

7. AIX

GNU findutils

Hi, We are running 64-bit AIX 6.1. I have gcc 4.2.0 on our system. I'd like to get the latest copy of GNU findutils on the server. From what I see, I have two basic options: 1) download source code and compile using gcc or 2) download rpm and install. Would someone please point me in the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eben Yong
1 Replies

8. Debian

GNU Barcodes

I wish to be able to print a barcode .5 inches from top of the page and centered. I generate the barcode - yes 12345 | head -84 | barcode -p 5x5.0cm -umm -e CODE39 > test.ps; and print - lpr -o media=letter -#1 -P LJ1012 /var/www/test.ps -o page-top=33 -o page-bottom=44 -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using GNU Regex

I'm just learning Regex and while testing my understanding I received some unexpected results. I created example.txt with the text "abcddd". Running the command grep --color 'd' example.txt I received the results: "abcddd" with the first and second letter d highlighted in red. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rthomas529
1 Replies
STIME(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  STIME(2)

NAME
stime - set time SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> int stime(const time_t *t); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): stime(): Since glibc 2.19: _DEFAULT_SOURCE Glibc 2.19 and earlier: _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
stime() sets the system's idea of the time and date. The time, pointed to by t, is measured in seconds since the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC). stime() may be executed only by the superuser. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT Error in getting information from user space. EPERM The calling process has insufficient privilege. Under Linux, the CAP_SYS_TIME privilege is required. CONFORMING TO
SVr4. SEE ALSO
date(1), settimeofday(2), capabilities(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2016-03-15 STIME(2)