Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert listner.log to csv format with comma seperated Post 303010587 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 3rd of January 2018 05:11:44 PM
Old 01-03-2018
See update.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling .CSV( Comma seperated value) in awk

Hi Guys, I am trying to reading in comma seperated values in awk. I can set the delimiter to be a comma, but the tricky part is that commas that appear within quotes are not to be considered as delimiters. Could someone please help. Regards, Laud (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data - urgent pls

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data and put in a .csv file using korn shell. Pls help me as its very urgent. Thanks, Hema. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting a tabular format data to comma seperated data in KSH

Hi, Could anyone help me in changing a tabular format output to comma seperated file pls in K-sh. Its very urgent. E.g : username empid ------------------------ sri 123 to username,empid sri,123 Thanks, Hema:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma text file to Column in html format

I am trying to generate a report with below file : File1 : EQADM,edrtere9-phys,8122caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere11-phys,8227caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere3-phys,822caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick can you help me convert it to html and add... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert this file into comma delimited format

Hi experts, I need urget help! I have the a text file with this format: Types of fruits Name of fruits 1,1 Farm_no,1 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,1 orange,1 banana,1 2,2--->this is the record seperator Farm_no,2 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,3 orange,2 banana,1 3,3--->this is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natalie23
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent! need help! how to convert this file into comma delimited format

Hi experts, I need urget help! I have the a text file with this format: Types of fruits Name of fruits 1,1 Farm_no,1 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,1 orange,1 banana,1 2,2--->this is the record seperator Farm_no,2 apple,1 pineapple,1 grapes,3 orange,2 banana,1 3,3--->this is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma seperated file to line seperated.

Hi, I have data like this. 1,2,3,4 Output required: 1 2 3 4 I am trying to use tr function but getting error. Help is appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application ``up to date'' by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. SEE ALSO
after(n), bgerror(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)