Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hebrew character convert error while put thru ftp Post 303010506 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 2nd of January 2018 10:54:18 AM
Old 01-02-2018
If you want ftp to not change the file content then you need to use binary transfer instead of ascii. So try:
Code:
ftp -p -n $HOST << EOF
user $USER $PASSWORD 
binary
cd /dest/files4/
put $i
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Put fails during FTP

Hi All, I am facing a while i use mput to the server. Actually i have data on client machine which is windows XP. The data is near to 1GB. I have zipped the data. I can ftp and connect to Server(Which has Fedora 4 running). but when i do mput *.zip it gives an error. I tried to put in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive ftp get/put

Hi All, I'm trying to get this to work but when I execute it I get the following error ./ftp_upload.sh: line 78: syntax error: unexpected end of file. This was working before I expanded the script and had the here document part directly below within a function. Can anyone spot what I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrenm
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP put command problem

Hello,I am trying to put something on the ftp server using the put command. Whenever I try, I get this error: ftp> put SIMS.war local: SIMS.war remote: SIMS.war 200 PORT command successful 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied I have set rwx for all on that file and I still am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. Programming

Macro to put single quotes around character

Dear Mates, I am trying to write a macro to replace with its arguments with singles quotes around each argument. #define DECR(a,b,c,d,e) decr('a','b','c','d','e') if the usage is DECR(k,e,y,s,\0) I want it to be replaced with the following decr('k','e','y','s','\0') However it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: sed help: How to put bracket in the last character.

Hi Experts, A quick question. - How to put a 2nd bracket in the last character of the input string. a=blah or a=1234 or a=anything Desired output to be : bla or 123 or anythin What I have tried is not working: echo $a| sed 's/$//' blah Thanks a lot. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put a character before each line

i have few lines: 3 4 5 6 #72 9 9 9 4 5 67 8 9 #4 6 8 92 1i want to put '#' before each line. i used this awk '{print "#" $0;}it gave #3 4 5 6 ##72 9 9 9 #4 5 67 8 9 ##4 6 8 92 1but i want the output like this: #3 4 5 6 #72 9 9 9 #4 5 67 8 9 #4 6 8 92 1I want to avoid the character... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hebrew converted into jibrish while put command

HI Friends , I have a script which cp xml files from linux to other server thru ftp my xml file contains charcters in hebrew although , the command Binary exists in the script . the files contains Undefined Charcters after converting. script : ftp -p -n $HOST << EOF user $USER $PASSWORD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to put a 80 character limit on a long topic line in markdown?

I have a topic line in markdown that spans more than 80 characters that i need to add a line break. Markdown is simply treating the line break as a brand new line instead of continuing as a topic line. Eg: # This is a very long line Markdown interprets it as This is a very long line (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
mailto-hebrew(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mailto-hebrew(1)

NAME
mailto-hebrew - Run the mailto program to send Hebrew/English mail SYNOPSIS
mailto-hebrew mailto-arguments DESCRIPTION
The mailto-hebrew program will start an xterm using the appropriate font in order to send mail in mixed Hebrew and English. All comand line options will be passed on to the mailto program. SEE ALSO
mailto(1), shownonascii(1) BUGS
This is such a tiny program it might actually be bug-free, but I wouldn't bet on it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 mailto-hebrew(1)