Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing a MAC
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Changing a MAC Post 303010303 by Stellaman1977 on Friday 29th of December 2017 11:31:29 AM
Old 12-29-2017
Changing a MAC

Good Morning,

I'm cloning a Sunblade with Solaris 9. I need to make the Nic MACs match. I find two general answers 1. It can't be done, or 2. something like this work:

Code:
ifconfig le0 ether aa:1:2:3:4:5

It that all that is required to change a MAC?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing MAC address of a NIC

All, I have a need to software change the MAC address of a NIC in a Sparc Ultra 10 - I believe there is a command that allows to do this at boot up? Is it a missing (to me) part of ifconfig ? If so, what is the syntax? All replies gratefully received ! Thanks Andrew (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wretch
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

changing MAC address

hi, i wanted to know how to change the MAC id of the machine i`m using.. I know the MAC is permanent n on the ROM, but i wanted to know if there was any way to change it during tht particular session.. also.. if it was possible.. could it be kept changed for sometime...? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: caltiger
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing the DNS on a mac server

can anyone help on this subject, i'm pretty much at a loss any help appreciated thanks in advance hopefully (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
2 Replies

4. SCO

Changing MAC address in SCO 5.0.6

Hi, For som reason i need to change MAC address of SCO Open Server 5.0.6. I have searched foe answer too much but i didn't fin any thing well.:mad: Please help me, Thx:cool::) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mammut3d
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)