Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HMC ssh_config file edit
Operating Systems AIX HMC ssh_config file edit Post 303010209 by getrue on Thursday 28th of December 2017 11:56:09 AM
Old 12-28-2017
I have to close using # same line because ssh daemon using weak algorithm such as hmac-sha1-96 and hmac-md5-96.

We have to close it according to penetration test.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file name edit

ok I have a list of files for example: 130-4-32.HindIII.0.ids 130-4-32.HindIII.0.ppm 130-4-32.HindIII.0.ppm.gz 130-4-33.HindIII.0.bands 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ics 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ids 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ppm 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ppm.gz 130-4-34.HindIII.0.bands ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lorcet222
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit the File

Hello Everyone I am new to this forum. I am having a requirement to edit the file(the file is having some sql code). And this file is in my colleagues login. This is readonly Now I would like to edit this file. In which way can I do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh_config

Hi, I have to create an sftp configuration file. the requirement is like this Encryption algorithm : ArcFour (Implementation of the 128bit RC4 algorithm) ‘arcfour128' Fallback: (3DES algorithm) ‘3des' How do I check the arcfour128 is implementation of RC4? Also I dont see 3des algorithm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff between ssh_config & sshd_config

Hi, Can anybody brief me the difference between ssh_config & sshd_config. I am looking for the functionality difference. any help appreciated Shihab (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

edit a .fs file

I have a .fs file that I want to edit, (or just be able to see what is in it) preferably through a windows environment. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiterboy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit value in File

I have a file oratab with entry like this SCADAG:/esitst1/oracle/product/9.2.0.8:Y I am trying to discover a way to change the 9.2.0.8 part of this to something like 10.2.0.4 as part of an upgrade script. I have tried cat /etc/oratab >>/tmp/oratab... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sewood
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Edit the file content and create new file

I have a requirement, which is as follows *. Folder contains list of xmls. Script has to create new xml files by copying the existing one and renaming it by appending "_pre.xml" at the end. *. Each file has multiple <Name>fileName</Name> entry. The script has to find the first occurance of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudesh.ach
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a file

I have file like cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp1.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp2.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp3.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp4.log I need to re-write the file like: cp -p /var/adm/tmp1.log /tmp1/ cp -p /var/adm/tmp2.log /tmp1/ cp -p /var/adm/tmp3.log /tmp1/ cp -p... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h_banka
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify the ssh_config file in Cygwin

Hi all, I have installed Cygwin on my PC and am trying to modify the ssh_config file in the folder 'c:\cygwin\etc\defaults\etc'. However I noticed the owner of that file belongs to root. Unfortunately when I'm opening cygwin each time the default displayed path = 'username@PC', which means I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Edit file

Hi All, I have file with 200K Records and each line with 400 character. I need to edit the some part of the file. For example, i need to edit character from 115 to 125, 135to 145 and 344 to 361 Can you please anyone help me to do this? Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
1 Replies