Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Cannot view the files on the smartphone anymore Post 303009884 by milhan on Thursday 21st of December 2017 02:49:38 PM
Old 12-21-2017
Linux Cannot view the files on the smartphone anymore

My current Fedora version is 27. Desktop environment is LXDE. I am trying to view files sitting on my smartphone (Sony Xperia XA ultra) but it doesn't work anymore. This used to work before. I cannot view image and mp3 files but text files and pdf files work fine. When I move the files to the local hard drive it works fine. The file manager I am using is the default PCManFM. I had Nautilus file manager before as well and then removed it. I believe the problem started after I removed Nautilus. The removal operation might have accidentally changed some settings or removed some necessary files.. I don't know. Any idea?

Last edited by milhan; 12-21-2017 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: typo mistake

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view log files

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to view the log files how i can do it? regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

View files in columns

Can some on say how in simplest way to implement the following: I have two files: 1) some some some 2) another another another I need to get third file: 3) some another some another some another (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To view .gz files without decompressing it

hi, I have a file called Archiver1.gz how to view this file without doing gunzip on it i.e. decompressing it i tried this command but its not working: gzcat Archiver1.gz | tail -10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view compressed files

Hello All I compressed a file hello by using compress command compress hello ( enter ) i got the file as hello.z 1. My question is how can i see the file hello.z 2. How can i uncompress it back to change it to filename hello thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Android Captures Smartphone Lead In U.S.

Reference (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Linux

Linux and Smartphone

Is there any linux smartphone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techslate
2 Replies
gdmthemetester(1)						   User Commands						 gdmthemetester(1)

NAME
gdmthemetester - GDM Theme Test Utility SYNOPSIS
gdmthemetester environment theme DESCRIPTION
gdmthemetester enables you to view a theme outside GDM. This is useful to test or view themes. gdmthemetester requires that the system sup- port gdmXnest. Note that themes can display differently depending on the "Show mode" of the theme. You can view the themes in different modes by specifying the environment option. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: environment Specifies the mode. The following values are valid: console Console mode console-timed Console non-flexi mode flexi Flexi mode remote-flexi Remote (XDMCP) and flexi mode xdmcp Remote (XDMCP) mode theme Either the path name or the name of a theme to view. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: XNESTSIZE Can be set to widthxheight to test the theme at a specific resolution. For example, 800x600. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdmthemetester Executable for GDM Theme Test Utility ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1), gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmsetup(1), gdm-restart(1m), gdmconfig(1m), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Original man page written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp@mkp.net>, George Lebl <jirka@5z.com>. Copyright (c) 1998, 1999 by Martin K. Petersen. Copyright (c) 2001, 2003, 2004 by George Lebl. Copyright (c) 2003 by Red Hat, Inc. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2004 gdmthemetester(1)