Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Cannot view the files on the smartphone anymore Post 303009884 by milhan on Thursday 21st of December 2017 02:49:38 PM
Old 12-21-2017
Linux Cannot view the files on the smartphone anymore

My current Fedora version is 27. Desktop environment is LXDE. I am trying to view files sitting on my smartphone (Sony Xperia XA ultra) but it doesn't work anymore. This used to work before. I cannot view image and mp3 files but text files and pdf files work fine. When I move the files to the local hard drive it works fine. The file manager I am using is the default PCManFM. I had Nautilus file manager before as well and then removed it. I believe the problem started after I removed Nautilus. The removal operation might have accidentally changed some settings or removed some necessary files.. I don't know. Any idea?

Last edited by milhan; 12-21-2017 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: typo mistake

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view log files

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to view the log files how i can do it? regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

View files in columns

Can some on say how in simplest way to implement the following: I have two files: 1) some some some 2) another another another I need to get third file: 3) some another some another some another (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To view .gz files without decompressing it

hi, I have a file called Archiver1.gz how to view this file without doing gunzip on it i.e. decompressing it i tried this command but its not working: gzcat Archiver1.gz | tail -10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view compressed files

Hello All I compressed a file hello by using compress command compress hello ( enter ) i got the file as hello.z 1. My question is how can i see the file hello.z 2. How can i uncompress it back to change it to filename hello thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Android Captures Smartphone Lead In U.S.

Reference (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Linux

Linux and Smartphone

Is there any linux smartphone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techslate
2 Replies
Nautilus(1)						      General Commands Manual						       Nautilus(1)

NAME
nautilus - the GNOME File Manager SYNOPSIS
nautilus [options] URIs... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nautilus command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Nautilus is the file manager for the GNOME desktop. OPTIONS
Nautilus follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -g --geometry=GEOMETRY Create the initial window with the given geometry. -n --no-default-window Only create windows for explicitly specified URIs. --no-desktop Do not manage the desktop -- ignore the preference set in the preferences dialog. -q --quit Quit Nautilus. --help Show a summary of options. --version Show Nautilus' version. Other standard GNOME options not listed here are also supported. SEE ALSO
Nautilus documentation can be found from the "Help" menu, or by pressing the F1 key. Nautilus also has a website at http://www.gnome.org/projects/nautilus/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Takuo KITAME <kitame@debian.org> and Dafydd Harries <daf@muse.19inch.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 24 May 2004 Nautilus(1)