Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Require xrdp package for RHEL 7.3 Post 303009812 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 20th of December 2017 11:08:37 AM
Old 12-20-2017
What? Linux and no Internet??
Even a modern washing machine has Internet (and sometimes Linux) Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 !

Friends , I cannot upgrade or add any package in RHEL 5 using 'package manager' GUI tools . When I run the 'package manager' tool then in BROWSE tab , it shows nothing . I try it inserting the RHEL5 DVD in the DVD-Rom . But the condition is the same . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

remote desktop error (xrdp)

My friends, I installed ubuntu server 11.04 (x86_64) and activated remote desktop connection package which name is xrdp. I can connect successfully there is no problem. I have installed xrdp on ubuntu server 9.10 (x86) but I can't remote desktop. It gave an error messages. Picture is attached.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Xrdp hangs

Hi, I'm trying to get xrdp to work. I installed xrdp 0.5.0 from EPEL and the Desktop group. Now I can connect to the server with rdesktop, but I can't do any input... there is an authentication window asking the root password "to set the network proxy used for downloading packages" and I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankVanDamme
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to install Xrdp in Centos.?

Hi, I want to install the Xrdp in Centos for taking remote session of centos server from Windows machine. could you please help me for this ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL Package download

Hi All, I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL. I thought someone can help me on this forum .. Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies
HOSTS(5)                                                     Linux Programmer's Manual                                                    HOSTS(5)

NAME
hosts - static table lookup for hostnames SYNOPSIS
/etc/hosts DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the format of the /etc/hosts file. This file is a simple text file that associates IP addresses with hostnames, one line per IP address. For each host a single line should be present with the following information: IP_address canonical_hostname [aliases...] Fields of the entry are separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. Text from a "#" character until the end of the line is a comment, and is ignored. Host names may contain only alphanumeric characters, minus signs ("-"), and periods ("."). They must begin with an alphabetic character and end with an alphanumeric character. Optional aliases provide for name changes, alternate spellings, shorter hostnames, or generic hostnames (for example, localhost). The Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) Server implements the Internet name server for UNIX systems. It augments or replaces the /etc/hosts file or hostname lookup, and frees a host from relying on /etc/hosts being up to date and complete. In modern systems, even though the host table has been superseded by DNS, it is still widely used for: bootstrapping Most systems have a small host table containing the name and address information for important hosts on the local network. This is useful when DNS is not running, for example during system bootup. NIS Sites that use NIS use the host table as input to the NIS host database. Even though NIS can be used with DNS, most NIS sites still use the host table with an entry for all local hosts as a backup. isolated nodes Very small sites that are isolated from the network use the host table instead of DNS. If the local information rarely changes, and the network is not connected to the Internet, DNS offers little advantage. FILES
/etc/hosts NOTES
Modifications to this file normally take effect immediately, except in cases where the file is cached by applications. Historical notes RFC 952 gave the original format for the host table, though it has since changed. Before the advent of DNS, the host table was the only way of resolving hostnames on the fledgling Internet. Indeed, this file could be created from the official host data base maintained at the Network Information Control Center (NIC), though local changes were often required to bring it up to date regarding unofficial aliases and/or unknown hosts. The NIC no longer maintains the hosts.txt files, though looking around at the time of writing (circa 2000), there are historical hosts.txt files on the WWW. I just found three, from 92, 94, and 95. EXAMPLE
# The following lines are desirable for IPv4 capable hosts 127.0.0.1 localhost # 127.0.1.1 is often used for the FQDN of the machine 127.0.1.1 thishost.mydomain.org thishost 192.168.1.10 foo.mydomain.org foo 192.168.1.13 bar.mydomain.org bar 146.82.138.7 master.debian.org master 209.237.226.90 www.opensource.org # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts ::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback ff02::1 ip6-allnodes ff02::2 ip6-allrouters SEE ALSO
hostname(1), resolver(3), host.conf(5), resolv.conf(5), resolver(5), hostname(7), named(8) Internet RFC 952 COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 HOSTS(5)