Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check first specific string after a pattern Post 303009801 by ratheeshp on Wednesday 20th of December 2017 07:30:37 AM
Old 12-20-2017
Check first specific string after a pattern

Hi,

I've a file with content as below

Code:
first_block_list{
a:5
b:3
c:8
}
new_store_list(
a:1000
b:200
c:3343
)
first_item_list{
a:10
b:20
c:30
}
second_item_list{
a:100
b:40
c:100
 {c_a:20,c_b:40,c_c:40}
}
third_item_list{
a:40
{a_a:5,a_b:35}
b:4
c:5
}

Now I want to print the lines based on '_item_list' and then 'b:<value>'.

eg in this is

Code:
first_item_list:20
second_item_list:40
third_item_list:4

Any idea how to do this.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 12-20-2017 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating and appending string based on specific pattern match

Input #GEO-1-type-1-fwd-Initial 890 1519 OPKHIJEFVTEFVHIJEFVOPKHIJTOPKEFVHIJTEFVOPKOPKHIJHIJHIJTTOPKHIJHIJEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKHIJOPKEFVEFVOPKHIJHIJEFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #GEO-1-type-2-fwd-Terminal 1572 2030... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for entry of specific pattern

Hey Guys and Gals, I am having trouble with what I thought shouldn't be hard.. In a script I am working on there is a need to enter a MAC address. MAC addresses are formatted ; XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX where X can be 0-9, a-f or A-F So in the sample script the query is something... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in line below specific pattern?

Hi, I'm trying to replace a string with sed, in a text file containing this pattern: location alpha value x location beta value y location gamma value y location delta value y location theta value z ... What I want to achieve is: Find location beta into text file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TECK
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)