Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and increment value in string of hex Post 303009742 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of December 2017 10:19:27 AM
Old 12-19-2017
Now, this is completely different from what you posted in #1. And, still not clear.
There's only one pattern occurrence in above sample, with value 00. That should become 01, understood. you don't say anything about the next pattern occurrence. Should that become 02 regardless of its initial value? Or, its initial value + 1? And, you didn't answer the question about the 0x7F value, should that ever occur.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting character string to hex string

HI Hi I have a character string which contains some special characters and I need it to display as a hex string. For example, the sample i/p string: ×¥ïA Å gïÛý and the o/p should be : D7A5EF4100C5010067EFDBFD Any pointers or sample code pls. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment a value at an offset in hundreds very large hex file

I have a lot of very large hex files that I need to change one value at the same offset and save to another file. I have a script that finds each file and just need to put an operator for each file. I think sed might be able to do this but I have not used it before and would like some help. If... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eruditass
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match hex value in string (Perl)

I am trying to match a character return from a website so that I can replace it. It is the '...' character (didnt even know it existed initially). The character apparently has the hex value of 2026, but in the script, attempting to substitute regular 3 periods is not working. What am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guyverix
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increment numbers in several parts of a string

I know how to do produce this: string01 string02 string03 several different ways. But how do I do produce this (without getting lost in recursion): string01morestring100yetmore10 string02morestring101yetmore20 string03morestring102yetmore30 ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

5. Programming

Hex string conversion?

Hello all. I need help... How can I cenvert this 42ec93df826c804ea531c56594db453d54daad4b to normal text? What convertor I have to use? Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: escudo
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut the particular string and increment the rows?

Hi am using unix aix I have tried using awk but am getting only output = x ,its not incrementing next output set -A var1 vv qa za ct=0 i=3 while do var1=`echo ${var1}` count=`awk ' NR==$i++ {print;exit}' ${.txt} | cut -c5 ` echo $count let ct=ct+1 done (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a string variable?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a novice at shell script. I am trying to write a script to determine each of the NIC configured on a linux system and its speed and Duplex. I came up with the following piece of code: echo `ifconfig -a | grep eth > /home/a/nic.txt` i=`awk -F, '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravin883
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String to HEX conversion in UNIX

i have this below string which i need to convert it to HEX. i have already tried it but it showing extra few things on it.. let me show what i have done and what is the output i am getting and what is the desired output the input string is "!\"\"\"\"\"\"\"!\"\"\"\"\"\"\"" which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String increment in UNIX

Hi, I am able to increment numbers but unable to increment the charters in unix -AIX. Source : AAA BB CCC Increment Number : 5 OUTPUT: AAA BB CCC AAA BB CCD AAA BB CCE AAA BB CCF AAA BB CCG Thanks onesuri Please use CODE tags as required by the forum rules. I have made a wild... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and increment at each occurence of string (loop)

I created script (sh shell) to generate vlc playlist based on some data files. All works fine so far except one string I do not know how to handle with. VLCSTART='<vlc:id>' VLCV=0 VLCEND='</vlc:id>' echo -e $'\n'$'\t'$'\t'$'\t'$'\t'\$VLCSTART$VLCV$VLCENDOutput file contains several occurences... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
10 Replies
FNMATCH(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							FNMATCH(3)

NAME
fnmatch - match filename or pathname SYNOPSIS
#include <fnmatch.h> int fnmatch(const char *pattern, const char *string, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The fnmatch() function checks whether the string argument matches the pattern argument, which is a shell wildcard pattern. The flags argument modifies the behavior; it is the bitwise OR of zero or more of the following flags: FNM_NOESCAPE If this flag is set, treat backslash as an ordinary character, instead of an escape character. FNM_PATHNAME If this flag is set, match a slash in string only with a slash in pattern and not by an asterisk (*) or a question mark (?) metacharacter, nor by a bracket expression ([]) containing a slash. FNM_PERIOD If this flag is set, a leading period in string has to be matched exactly by a period in pattern. A period is considered to be leading if it is the first character in string, or if both FNM_PATHNAME is set and the period immediately follows a slash. FNM_FILE_NAME This is a GNU synonym for FNM_PATHNAME. FNM_LEADING_DIR If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, the pattern is considered to be matched if it matches an initial segment of string which is followed by a slash. This flag is mainly for the internal use of glibc and is implemented only in certain cases. FNM_CASEFOLD If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, the pattern is matched case-insensitively. FNM_EXTMATCH If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, extended patterns are supported, as introduced by 'ksh' and now supported by other shells. The extended format is as follows, with pattern-list being a '|' separated list of patterns. '?(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if zero or one occurrences of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '*(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if zero or more occurrences of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '+(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if one or more occurrences of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '@(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if exactly one occurrence of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '!(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if the input string cannot be matched with any of the patterns in the pattern-list. RETURN VALUE
Zero if string matches pattern, FNM_NOMATCH if there is no match or another nonzero value if there is an error. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+--------------------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+--------------------+ |fnmatch() | Thread safety | MT-Safe env locale | +----------+---------------+--------------------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, POSIX.2. The FNM_FILE_NAME, FNM_LEADING_DIR, and FNM_CASEFOLD flags are GNU extensions. SEE ALSO
sh(1), glob(3), scandir(3), wordexp(3), glob(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2015-12-28 FNMATCH(3)