Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sendmail not working in SUNOS Post 303009718 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of December 2017 06:50:30 AM
Old 12-19-2017
"Not working" means WHAT?
Try sending to another recipient, mayhap on the same host.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS 5.10 - VI Arrow keys not working

Hi I am working on SunOS 5.10 from remote terminal using putty. Also echo $TERM xterm In vi editor when in insert mode arrow keys are not working for cursor movement instead they print A B C and D. Please help. thanks ravs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravashingravi
7 Replies

2. Solaris

tr -d is not working on SunOS 5.9

i am using sunos 5.9. entityname="india\/delhi" correctpattern="<branch value=\"/`echo $entityname | tr -d '\'`/WORKAREA/\"> echo $correctpattern the output should be <branch value="/india/delhi/WORKAREA/"> This is working fine in command line but not working when i placed these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail not working

Hi, I have to send a mail in html format and to do so I am using the below code. INPUT_FILE_DETAILS contains the html code but it doesn't work. Could anyone suggest whats wrong in it. ( echo "From: Team<Team@xy.com>" echo "To: $MAILTO" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alok1301
1 Replies

4. Solaris

All i/o (ftp) not working on this SunOS 5.10

Hi everyone: I have been trying to simply FTP a file over to this SunOS 5.10 (which is same as Solaris 10 now) and nothing works! I can only Telnet to this via SSH (with my own account/uid), and I can also send simple mail out with mailx, that's all!!! I cannot FTP to it (I think FTP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
7 Replies

5. Solaris

SunOs 5.9: why is 'ulimit -c' not working?

I have a situation where the system is dumping a 2g causing filesystem to fill up. We identified the source and working on a solution. However, I wanted to limit the size of the 'core' file. Please examine the test scenario ... cnewtonne@mars> ulimit -f 0 cnewtonne@mars> ls -ltr core*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnewtonne
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail not working

Hello people - Need help, My sendmail email is not working, not sure what is wrong here. I am trying with below command and response as below, Thanks for help in advance. Thanks camprod@sgppsr000000060 PROD $ echo "hello"|sendmail -v abc@domain.com abc@domain.com... Connecting to via... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chittari
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working on SunOS 5.9

I m trying to send o/p of one file using mailx command but is not working PFB command : cat healthchecklog | mailx -s "HEALTH CHECKS" abc@jkl.com also I have checked the ps -ef for mailx which is giveing below o/p ps -ef | grep mail root 364 1 0 Jun 08 ? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
11 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sendmail not working

Dear All, I have a sendmail configured in one of our linux server. But when I send mail , it is giving the error DSN Service Unavailable 5.0.0 But the same sendmail configuration is working fine with another SMTP IP. On the /var/spool/mail/root log , it is saying "Client not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manipulate files with find and fuser not working as expected on SunOs

Greetings, For housekeeping, I use the following command: find /some/path -type f -name "*log*" ! -exec fuser -s "{}" 2>/dev/null \; -exec ls -lh {} \; It finds all log files not currently in use by a process and manipulates them. This command always works on linux and redhat machines,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--SunOS 5.10 nawk for paragraph not working

The machine is using bash: ================== bash -version GNU bash, version 3.2.51(1)-release (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. ========================= I have the following xml file. am trying to get a whole paragraph if it meets certain criteria.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
9 Replies
from(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  from(1B)

NAME
from - display the sender and date of newly-arrived mail messages SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/from [-s sender] [username] DESCRIPTION
The from utility prints out the mail header lines in your mailbox file to show you who your mail is from. If username is specified, user- name's mailbox is examined instead of your own. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -s sender Only display headers for mail sent by sender. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of from when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). FILES
/var/mail/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
biff(1B), mail(1B), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jan 2004 from(1B)