Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Description of the option print0 in the command find (man page) Post 303009639 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 17th of December 2017 03:50:06 PM
Old 12-17-2017
These kinds of options can be either true or false. False means 'skip this file' because it fails to meet the other options requirements like age, file type... true means it doesn't change any other true/false evaluation that might have occurred on the file and if it is the only option it will always print.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to get help from man page

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating a Man page for a command

Hi, I would like to develop a man page as the one we usually get when we execute man <command name>. This man page will be for a samll utility that i have written. If this is not possible then what are the available possibilites for creating such help. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

4. Solaris

man page question

What does the last change means in man page .. does that this man page has not been updated since 2003 or something else ? newfs-options The options are documented in the newfs man page. SunOS 5.10 Last change: 9 Dec 2003 1 System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me out with find command , -prune option

Hi , Kindly help me out .:) i want to find only the file t4 in directory t3. i am in dir t . the tree is as follows. if i give, find . o/p is . ./t4 ./t1 ./t1/t2 ./t1/t2/t3 ./t1/t2/t3/t4 ./t1/t2/t4 ./t1/t4 directories are like t/t1/t2/t3 and each directory has file t4. my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with find command and prune option

Hi I have a directory say mydir and inside it there are many files and subdirectories and also a directory called lost+found owned by root user I want to print all files directories and subdirectorres from my directory using find command except lost+found If i do find . \( -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest me a better option than FIND command

Hi All, Could you please help me in searching files in a better way satisfying the below conditions I want to search files in a path whose access time is more than 5min and less than 60 min and whose Byte size is greater than zero For this, i am using the below command, but it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing find command option

Hi, I am a little bit confusing of using find command. Actually, I am planning to delete the files whatever the files are existing in the day before yesterday. So, I am writing the command like this. find . -name "*.txt" -ctime -2 { here I am confusing, if I will use +2 or +1 also I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagraju.allam
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix man command to find out month of the year?

how can i display month of the year i was born with using man command? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janetroop95
2 Replies
boolean(3pm)                                            User Contributed Perl Documentation                                           boolean(3pm)

NAME
boolean - Boolean support for Perl SYNOPSIS
use boolean; do &always if true; do &never if false; do &maybe if boolean($value)->isTrue; and: use boolean ':all'; $guess = int(rand(2)) % 2 ? true : false; do &something if isTrue($guess); do &something_else if isFalse($guess); and: use boolean -truth; die unless ref(42 == 42) eq 'boolean'; die unless ("foo" =~ /bar/) eq '0'; DESCRIPTION
Most programming languages have a native "Boolean" data type. Perl does not. Perl has a simple and well known Truth System. The following scalar values are false: $false1 = undef; $false2 = 0; $false3 = 0.0; $false4 = ''; $false5 = '0'; Every other scalar value is true. This module provides basic Boolean support, by defining two special objects: "true" and "false". RATIONALE
When sharing data between programming languages, it is important to support the same group of basic types. In Perlish programming languages, these types include: Hash, Array, String, Number, Null and Boolean. Perl lacks native Boolean support. Data interchange modules like YAML and JSON can now "use boolean" to encode/decode/roundtrip Boolean values. FUNCTIONS
This module defines the following functions: true This function returns a scalar value which will evaluate to true. The value is a singleton object, meaning there is only one "true" value in a Perl process at any time. You can check to see whether the value is the "true" object with the isTrue function described below. false This function returns a scalar value which will evaluate to false. The value is a singleton object, meaning there is only one "false" value in a Perl process at any time. You can check to see whether the value is the "false" object with the isFalse function described below. boolean($scalar) Casts the scalar value to a boolean value. If $scalar is true, it returns "boolean::true", otherwise it returns "boolean::false". isTrue($scalar) Returns "boolean::true" if the scalar passed to it is the "boolean::true" object. Returns "boolean::false" otherwise. isFalse($scalar) Returns "boolean::true" if the scalar passed to it is the "boolean::false" object. Returns "boolean::false" otherwise. isBoolean($scalar) Returns "boolean::true" if the scalar passed to it is the "boolean::true" or "boolean::false" object. Returns "boolean::false" otherwise. METHODS
Since true and false return objects, you can call methods on them. $boolean->isTrue Same as isTrue($boolean). $boolean->isFalse Same as isFalse($boolean). USE OPTIONS
By default this module exports the "true", "false" and "boolean" functions. The module also defines these export tags: :all Exports "true", "false", "boolean", "isTrue", "isFalse", "isBoolean" -truth You can specify the "-truth" option to override truth operators to return "boolean" values. use boolean -truth; print ref("hello" eq "world"), " "; Prints: boolean "-truth" can be used with the other import options. AUTHOR
Ingy doet Net <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011. Ingy doet Net. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.12.4 2011-09-12 boolean(3pm)