Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone Post 303009587 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 16th of December 2017 11:59:53 AM
Old 12-16-2017
If it is an important system, better hire a professional to do that job. It is a quite long procedure and there are to many variables to explain it in here...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun solaris Installation Procedure

hi, can any body tell me the exact installation of the Sun solaris........ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris 4 - Need to know zone setting procedure. Please help!

Sun Solaris 4 - Need to know zone setting procedure. Please help!:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkpalkar
6 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Sun Solaris cluster

Hi all, I need ur help plz how sun cluster work and i need good reference for that. ur cooperate is appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshAdmin
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Help needed for patching on zone cluster

Hi All, Below is the configuration of my sun cluster. root@glob-one # clzc status === Zone Clusters === --- Zone Cluster Status --- Name Node Name Zone HostName Status Zone Status ---- --------- ------------- ------ ----------- data ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindphanse604
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to know the procedure to add the IP to Solaris 11 zone with rebooting

Hi I need to know the procedure to add the IP to Solaris 11 zone without rebooting the zone.. I did it on solaris 10 zones but don't know the procedure on solaris 11 zones without rebooting it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hb00
1 Replies
disown(1)							   User Commands							 disown(1)

NAME
disown - ksh93 built-in function to disassociate a job with the current shell SYNOPSIS
disown [job ...] DESCRIPTION
The ksh93 disown command prevents the current shell from sending a HUP signal to each of the specified jobs when the current shell termi- nates a login session. If job is omitted, disown sends the HUP signal to the most recently started or stopped background job. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: job Specifies the job or jobs on which disown operates. Specify job as one of the following: number Refers to a process ID. -number Refers to a process group ID. %number Refers to a job number. %string Refers to a job whose name begins with string. %?string Refers to a job whose name contains string. %+ or %% Refers to the current job. %- Refers to the previous job. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 One or more specified jobs does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Disowning a Job The following example disowns job 1: example% disown %1 AUTHORS
David Korn, dgk@research.att.com ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bg(1), jobs(1), ksh93(1), wait(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 18 Apr 2007 disown(1)