Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone Post 303009517 by nick101 on Friday 15th of December 2017 09:20:38 AM
Old 12-15-2017
Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus

I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow.

Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently both are present on sol1 node.
Both global zones are having ZFS root pool and we need to follow Solaris liveupgrade

Now kindly let me know step by step procedure

Note: After Global zone upgrade I need to upgrade failover zones as well.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun solaris Installation Procedure

hi, can any body tell me the exact installation of the Sun solaris........ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris 4 - Need to know zone setting procedure. Please help!

Sun Solaris 4 - Need to know zone setting procedure. Please help!:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkpalkar
6 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Sun Solaris cluster

Hi all, I need ur help plz how sun cluster work and i need good reference for that. ur cooperate is appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshAdmin
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Help needed for patching on zone cluster

Hi All, Below is the configuration of my sun cluster. root@glob-one # clzc status === Zone Clusters === --- Zone Cluster Status --- Name Node Name Zone HostName Status Zone Status ---- --------- ------------- ------ ----------- data ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindphanse604
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to know the procedure to add the IP to Solaris 11 zone with rebooting

Hi I need to know the procedure to add the IP to Solaris 11 zone without rebooting the zone.. I did it on solaris 10 zones but don't know the procedure on solaris 11 zones without rebooting it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hb00
1 Replies
SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					     SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)

NAME
nesting - shorewall6 Nested Zones SYNOPSIS
child-zone[:parent-zone[,parent-zone]...] DESCRIPTION
In shorewall6-zones[1](5), a zone may be declared to be a sub-zone of one or more other zones using the above syntax. The child-zone may be neither the firewall zone nor a vserver zone. The firewall zone may not appear as a parent zone, although all vserver zones are handled as sub-zones of the firewall zone. Where zones are nested, the CONTINUE policy in shorewall6-policy[2](5) allows hosts that are within multiple zones to be managed under the rules of all of these zones. EXAMPLE
/etc/shorewall6/zones: #ZONE TYPE OPTION fw firewall net ipv6 sam:net ipv6 loc ipv6 /etc/shorewall6/interfaces: #ZONE INTERFACE BROADCAST OPTIONS - eth0 detect blacklist loc eth1 detect /etc/shorewall6/hosts: #ZONE HOST(S) OPTIONS net eth0:[::] sam eth0:[2001:19f0:feee::dead:beef:cafe] /etc/shorewall6/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY LOG LEVEL loc net ACCEPT sam all CONTINUE net all DROP info all all REJECT info The second entry above says that when Sam is the client, connection requests should first be processed under rules where the source zone is sam and if there is no match then the connection request should be treated under rules where the source zone is net. It is important that this policy be listed BEFORE the next policy (net to all). You can have this policy generated for you automatically by using the IMPLICIT_CONTINUE option in shorewall6.conf[3](5). Partial /etc/shorewall6/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST PORT(S) ... ACCEPT sam loc:2001:19f0:feee::3 tcp ssh ACCEPT net loc:2001:19f0:feee::5 tcp www ... Given these two rules, Sam can connect with ssh to 2001:19f0:feee::3. Like all hosts in the net zone, Sam can connect to TCP port 80 on 2001:19f0:feee::5. The order of the rules is not significant. FILES
/etc/shorewall6/zones /etc/shorewall6/interfaces /etc/shorewall6/hosts /etc/shorewall6/policy /etc/shorewall6/rules SEE ALSO
shorewall6(8), shorewall6-accounting(5), shorewall6-actions(5), shorewall6-blacklist(5), shorewall6-hosts(5), shorewall6-interfaces(5), shorewall6-maclist(5), shoewall6-netmap(5),shorewall6-params(5), shorewall6-policy(5), shorewall6-providers(5), shorewall6-rtrules(5), shorewall6-routestopped(5), shorewall6-rules(5), shorewall6.conf(5), shorewall6-secmarks(5), shorewall6-tcclasses(5), shorewall6-tcdevices(5), shorewall6-tcrules(5), shorewall6-tos(5), shorewall6-tunnels(5), shorewall6-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall6-zones http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall-zones.html 2. shorewall6-policy http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall6-policy.html 3. shorewall6.conf http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall6.conf.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)