Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX French Accented characters in xml file comes as numbers Post 303009475 by pregmi on Thursday 14th of December 2017 11:49:18 PM
Old 12-15-2017
Thank you Don. It is regular xml file that would have French Names once in a while and it needs to read both.

---------- Post updated at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:48 PM ----------

Don what does the second command export LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 do?

Last edited by rbatte1; 12-15-2017 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: Added ICODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing French special characters

Hi, I have tonnes of .txt files that are written in French. I need to replace the French special characters, however, with English equivalents (e.g. é -> e and ç -> c). I have tried this --- #!/bin/bash # Convert French characters to normal characters # Treat each of the files exec... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

display all possible control characters from .xml file in unix

Hi, I have a .xml file in unix. We are passing this file through a xml parser. But we are getting some control characters from input file and XML parser is failing for the control character in file.Now I am getting following error, Error at byte 243206625 of file filename_$.xml: Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fantushmayu
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems with French Characters

I am having a problem with two OSes. One is running windows 2003 and sending XML to a second system running Unix (HP-UX 11i v1). Windows sends XML to the UNIX system fine but then the UNIX system reads the buffer file and turns the french characters into the following: é Ú É ╔ Î ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redfin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML file shows Junk Characters in UNIX

Hello sir, I have generated XML file from VS 2005. It works well in windows but it shows some junk characters in unix. Can any help me with this problem. Thank you in advance. Hema (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemavenkatesh
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with escaping xml characters in a file

Hi, I have a file xy.csv with the following data separated by pipe (|): BC-NACO|12>ISA43<TEST| A & A INC|FAMOUS'S AL| i need to escape the xml characters as below BC-NACO|12&gt;ISA43&lt;TEST| A &amp; A INC|FAMOUS&apos;S AL| Please advise (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines with non-chinese characters from xml file

Hi there, I'm looking for a way to remove all lines that don't contain chinese characters from an xml file. Example: http://pastebin.com/8KzSbCKe The result should be like this: http://pastebin.com/ZywXsNhx Only lines that don't contain chinese characters should be deleted. If theres a mix of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4rb4g3
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching numbers of characters in two lines

Dear all, I'm stuck on a certain problem regarding counting the number of characters in one line and then adjusting the number of characters of another line to this number. This was my original input data: @HWI-ST471_57:1:1:1231:2079/2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out special characters from xml file

Hi....I have a xml file which is having lots of special characters which I need to find out and put the distinct list of those into a text file. The list of special characters is not specific, it can be anything at different point of time. Can anyone help me to find out the same and list out? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishanu Saha
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore characters and print only numbers using awk?

Input: ak=70&cat15481=lot=6991901">Kaschau (1820-1840) ak=7078&cat15482=lot=70121">Principauté (1940-1993) ak=709&cat=lot15484=70183944">Arubas (4543-5043)Output: 70 15481 6991901 7078 15482 70121 709 15484 70183944 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
set_ucodepage(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    set_ucodepage(3alleg4)

NAME
set_ucodepage - Sets 8-bit to Unicode conversion tables. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void set_ucodepage(const unsigned short *table, const unsigned short *extras); DESCRIPTION
When you select the U_ASCII_CP encoding mode, a set of tables are used to convert between 8-bit characters and their Unicode equivalents. You can use this function to specify a custom set of mapping tables, which allows you to support different 8-bit codepages. The `table' parameter points to an array of 256 shorts, which contain the Unicode value for each character in your codepage. The `extras' parameter, if not NULL, points to a list of mapping pairs, which will be used when reducing Unicode data to your codepage. Each pair con- sists of a Unicode value, followed by the way it should be represented in your codepage. The list is terminated by a zero Unicode value. This allows you to create a many->one mapping, where many different Unicode characters can be represented by a single codepage value (eg. for reducing accented vowels to 7-bit ASCII). Allegro will use the `table' parameter when it needs to convert an ASCII string to an Unicode string. But when Allegro converts an Unicode string to ASCII, it will use both parameters. First, it will loop through the `table' parameter looking for an index position pointing at the Unicode value it is trying to convert (ie. the `table' parameter is also used for reverse matching). If that fails, the `extras' list is used. If that fails too, Allegro will put the character `^', giving up the conversion. Note that Allegro comes with a default `table' and `extras' parameters set internally. The default `table' will convert 8-bit characters to `^'. The default `extras' list reduces Latin-1 and Extended-A characters to 7 bits in a sensible way (eg. an accented vowel will be reduced to the same vowel without the accent). SEE ALSO
set_uformat(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_ucodepage(3alleg4)