Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Execute Ubuntu 14.04 cronjob as non-root Post 303009429 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 14th of December 2017 10:45:33 AM
Old 12-14-2017
755 will suffice - any user should be able to execute the script. Note: you need to check what files and directories the script runs against. Same problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to have a cronjob which will execute certain scripts every hr

Hi My question needs two answers how to write scripts to update a table in oracle db based on the result of the number of record counts for example i need to execute the following script every hour awk '{sum++;}END{for(i in sum) {print i, sum}}' filename here everyhour the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a condition in cronjob to execute a sh file

Hi, I need to execute a crontab based on a condition where one SH file should be executed only based on the output of a file in a folder. I have written the following cron job which is not working. 00 01 * * * read a < /px/batch/reslut.txt && && sh /px/batch/check.sh where my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute cronjob running in a different machine?

Hi, I am developing 1 script in which I need to execute one cron job running in different server and my script is in different server. so can any one help me to execute the cronjob set in different server. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Shell Script from CRONJOB

Hi Users, I am Newbie to linux and cron. I have a requirement to run a job at 8 AM every Sunday. I am using RHEL 5. Based on the hints through google search I created crontab and added entry to call the shell script which will in turn login to Oracle user and execute a pl/sql block. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reachravi70
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect telnet script execute by cronjob

hi, please help, keep getting this bolded error and look it up and people say its your environment variable though i tried to set it manually in expect..it run fine if i run it manually but once i run it by cronjob it error below..i tried to comment out ip/login info with *.. logfile:: START... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cssanangeles
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob to be execute today at 9pm

HI Folks, Sorry for this basic confusion but please help me. i want to execute one script at 9pm today. i want make this as schedule so it can execute automatically. So am doing like this. 21 10 24 4 <here what can i keep) /tmp/stemp/testcron.ksh Can you please help on this? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to execute glance from cronjob

Hi I am writing a script to get the CPU and memory utilization periodically from glance command. Wrote a script which consists of below two lines Script name : Utilization.sh #!/bin/sh glance -iterations 1 | sed -n '/Util/p/'| awk '!/Disk/'| awk '!/Swap/' >> file.txt I am able to run the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shravani
5 Replies

8. AIX

Cronjob question about root emails.

I'm running a few cronjobs under a differnt user name that basically do the same thing: /usr/bin/find /home/userid/userid/archives -mtime +30 -type f -exec /usr/bin/gzip -1vN {} \\\; ; /usr/bin/mv /home/userid/userid/archives/*.gz /msgs/archive_msgs >/dev/null 2>&1 Seems to be working except... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixnj
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob for root password change.

Hi, I am writing a cronjob which changes default root password to some designated password(set) after 15 days. The requirement for same is because i need to give application team root access for first 15 days, but after that the default password should be changed, now I want to automate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cronjob not running on Ubuntu 14.04

I have created a test cronjob using crontab -e that runs a script at /home/cmccabe/cron.sh. I am not sure the script doesn't run though I can call it in terminal. Thank you :). crontab -e (run script sat at 6:10pm)? 10 18 * * 6 /home/cmccabe/cron.sh contents of cron.sh #!/bin/bash... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)