Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Graphical Display Of Script Execution & Output Post 303009356 by am115998 on Wednesday 13th of December 2017 10:51:54 AM
Old 12-13-2017
Hi Ariean

It's been ages since I did any html forms but the high level steps to get a webserver to do this are (not including installing the webserver or password the page for security!):
  1. Create an html page which is a 'form' in your webserver somewhere under the 'webroot' and has a method (probably) 'get' to pass back your user's inputs to your full scanning script
    <form action="/netezzascan2html.cgi" method="get">
    OR (batch job approach) have a noddy cgi script to drop a flag file containing the input parameters from the form which is then scanned by a separate, privileged process and used as input to the real netezza scanning script
  2. For a direct invocation of your ksh script your webservice process owner would have to have permissions to run the script (note ksh is fine for a cgi - you don't need perl or php in case you were wondering)
  3. For direct invocation the output from your script must start with an http header e.g. text/html or text/plain + blank line (& then the actual text or html code).
    OR for a batch invocation, a redirect to a URL for a file that your scanning script dumps output to, should work. Some javascript to delay loading the URL a few seconds or add a refresh interval for the URL would allow for delay in production of output file.
You can web search for more info on the forms - I found some at rebol dot com and w3schools

I *think* those are the very high level steps for getting a script to work through a web server.
Your web server error log contains the stderr output from a cgi script run that you would normally pick up in your terminal session. The main log will show if the cgi script has ben invoked.
I can give some examples if the ones out on the web aren't helping.
Alex

Last edited by am115998; 12-13-2017 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: Bad English! (It seemed to make sense when I first wrote it.))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to display the output and parse it after execution is finshed.

Hello all, When I run pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.3-sol8-sparc-local I get the following error cpio: Cannot write "reloc/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/cc1", errno 28, No space left on device cpio: Cannot write "reloc/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/cc1chill", errno 28, No space... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

need graphical display of Hp server

Hi all, i need graphical display of my Hp server to install oracle software.i connected it through telnet.can we connect from windows client to Hp server through remote desktop connection.please guide.i try a lot to get it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Rerun a script based on previous execution output

Hi Experts, I have a shell script called "updatevs" that is scheduled to run at 6.00 am everyday via cronjob. The cronjob will execute this script and output to a log file. The functionality of this script is to read the database and run a set of commands. This script is generally successful... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Output of a shell script into a file.

Hi Experts, I have a script called test.sh. I am trying to execute it with sh -x test.sh. Where i can find sequence of steps executed one by one. Now i want to these executions to be captured in a file. i.e sh -x test.sh > output.txt the above one is notworking. can anyone help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

invoke remote graphical application..and display locally

Hi, I want to invoke(run) a graphical application remotely, and the display should be in remote itself. (no X redirect).i want to do this through ssh. like if i login to a remote machine and run firefox it should display there itself. how can i do this..? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to refresh a graphical display through bash script

Hi folks , I need to display a message graphically using a messagebox or textbox through bash script. However the message should be keep changing every 4 secs . I input the message from a file and use "gxmessage" to display it . gxmessage -nofocus -center -title "Welcome screen" -geometry... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddspark
3 Replies

8. SuSE

Non Graphical AutoYast installations & Kickstart

Hi We are using Kickstart to push images out for Suse using various releases as far back as 9.0. The trouble is we often have issues with ILO, ILO2, & ILO3 so prefer to use ssh onto the ILO and use textcons to get a text console. AutoYast when using the AutoYast.xml file goes into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swaps
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

output from remote server during execution of a script

How to see the output from remote server during execution of a script ? I am executing a script (ls) from machine 1 but the o/p should be displayed in machine 2. Can I achieve this ? Example:- Machine 1:- # ls Machine 2:- (console) file1 file2 file 3 dir1 dir2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cannot show graphical login display

Hi all, I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.3 Santiago. I already installed the X Window package during installation and the graphical login display can be shown normally after installation. Yesterday, I accessed remotely by GUI mode using VNC viewer and somehow it got crashed.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
1 Replies
Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)

NAME
Web::Simple::Deployment - various deployment options DESCRIPTION
This file documents common deployment methods for Web::Simple. If you feel one is missing, please ask in the IRC channel and we'll work with you to add it. CGI
The most basic deployment option is as a CGI script loading and running your Web::Simple-module: #!/usr/bin/env perl use Your::Web::Simple::App; Your::Web::Simple::App->run_if_script; Save that as script.cgi and your web server will handle it correctly. Plack-Server This works in with exactly the same code as CGI deployment. However instead of letting your web server load script.cgi, you run this on the command line: plackup script.cgi Self-contained CGI Sometimes your app is so small that you have only one or two tiny classes that you want to run as a CGI script. Web::Simple offers a helpful mechanism to achieve that. #!/usr/bin/env perl use Web::Simple 'HelloWorld'; # enables strictures and warnings for the file # additionally, HelloWorld is upgraded to a # Web::Simple application { package HelloWorld; sub dispatch_request { sub (GET) { [ 200, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello world! It is a fine ' . HelloWorld::Helper->day ] ] }, sub () { [ 405, [ 'Content-type', 'text/plain' ], [ 'Method not allowed' ] ] } } } { package HelloWorld::Helper; use DateTime; sub day { return DateTime->now->day_name; } } HelloWorld->run_if_script; AUTHORS
See Web::Simple for authors. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
See Web::Simple for the copyright and license. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Web::Simple::Deployment(3pm)