Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slowness issue
Operating Systems AIX Slowness issue Post 303009310 by vithal on Tuesday 12th of December 2017 11:52:46 AM
Old 12-12-2017
IBM Slowness issue

Oracle database is facing slowness issues frequently on AIX server. So can anybody suggest how to fix these issues from OS end? Do we need to tune any parameter in AIX to resolve this issue?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please post in an adequate forum!

Last edited by RudiC; 12-12-2017 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Moved thread from "Post here to contact Site Moderators..."

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

slowness of Linux 8.0 server

Hi, I have a Linux 8.0 Redhat installed as a server. The samba configuration was done to allowed logging in to the server from windows workstations. I have a LAN, WAN connection. However, any time the workstation is trying to make a WAN connection it slow down all the systems on the network. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
0 Replies

2. SCO

Terminal Slowness

I have attempted to2find answers to this question: When logging into tty01 the system will take 5 to 10 seconds to display each character typed. Each other terminal will login correctly and display correctly2but not the first terminal. Rebooting was suggested on several sites and this has been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ypanic
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX Intermec Label Slowness

We recently moved from a Open VMS OS to HP-UX. When printing labels on Intermec 3400 printers we are seeing a delay of up to 3 minutes before labels print. We have printers going through a DEC Term servers and Jet Direct boxes. Any suggestions what might be causing this delay? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BIGJIM
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Login Slowness

Hi Folks My Sun Solaris servers are waiting for a long time after keying in the User-ID. There is a big delay in getting to the password prompt. But once the password is keyed in,it goes through in a second. The servers in which i am facing this issue is an NIS client. But i am facing this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Slowness

Hi, We have got 2 solaris boxes, since our inhouse application has certified on solaris environment and now we need to certify the performance of that application on Solaris environment. 1 box we have installed websphere and the other box we have installed Oracle 10.2.0.3. both are 64bit. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mp_rocket
5 Replies

6. Solaris

NIS performance slowness

Hi I have a Solaris 10 NIS server and more than 250 NIS clients out of these there are 5 main application servers, and whenever there is any compilation happens on any of the application servers (which are acting as NIS clients) entire NIS performance will come down.Can some one help me to fix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithnara
5 Replies

7. Solaris

ssh slowness

Hi admins, After changing the ip address(temperorily) ssh to that server is very slow(exactly 25 sec).But from this new ip i can ssh to other servers without any delay problem. debug1: match: Sun_SSH_1.1.1 pat Sun_SSH_1.1.1* debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0 debug1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Java Application slowness with Xmanager

Hi! I have a m3000 server with solaris 10. Clients connecting to server using Xmanager. But when they open a Java based application its very slow and some times hanging. But when I tried with VNC it works fine. Is this a BUG in Xmanager? Or Is there any method to solve this? Thanks, Charith (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charith.upendra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Login slowness from LDOM to ZONE

Need assitance in troubleshooting steps . Below is the issue I have LDOM which has 4 zones on it . One zone logging into the server takes 13sec where as other zones are quick . Troubleshooting steps which I did - Checked /var/tmp . Not many files - We have LDAP but thought that wouldnt be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies
MOD-ACTIVE(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						     MOD-ACTIVE(8)

NAME
mod-active - Batch processing of newsgroups creation and removal commands SYNOPSIS
mod-active [ctlinnd-command-file ...] DESCRIPTION
mod-active is a Perl script that updates the active file based on its input lines of ctlinnd "newgroup", "rmgroup" and "changegroup" commands. It pauses the server briefly while the existing active file is read and rewritten, which not only keeps innd from updating the active file but also locks against other instances of mod-active. The script must be run as the news user. The input to mod-active can come either from one or more ctlinnd-command-file files named on the command line, or from the standard input. Typically its input is the output from the docheckgroups or actsync commands. Every line which contains the string "ctlinnd newgroup", "ctlinnd rmgroup", or "ctlinnd changegroup", optionally preceded by whitespace and/or the path to ctlinnd, is noted for the update. Redundant commands, such as a newgroup directive for a group that already exists, are silently ignored. All other lines in the input are also silently ignored. After the new active file has been generated, the existing one is renamed to active.old and the new one is moved into place. The script then displays the differences between the two files. Any groups that were added to the active file are also added to the active.times file with the string "checkgroups-update". Please note that no syntax checking is performed on group names by mod-active. BUGS
Though innd is paused while mod-active works, it is not inconceivable that there could be a conflict if something else tries to update the active file during the relatively short time that mod-active is working. The two most realistic ways for this to happen are either by an administrator concurrently doing a manual ctlinnd command, or by innd receiving a control message, then mod-active pausing the server, then the control message handler script that innd forked running its own ctlinnd command while mod-active is working. Note that such scenarios are very unlikely to happen. HISTORY
Written by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Converted to POD by Julien Elie. SEE ALSO
active(5), active.times(5), actsync(8), ctlinnd(8), docheckgroups(8), innd(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 MOD-ACTIVE(8)