Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk file redirection issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk file redirection issue Post 303009288 by RudiC on Tuesday 12th of December 2017 06:33:42 AM
Old 12-12-2017
What also would work:
Code:
2 < CITYCOUNT

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail -f, awk and redirection

I want to run tail -f to continuously monitor a log file, outputing a specific field to a second log file. I can get the first portion to work with the following command: tail -f log | awk '{if ($1 == "Rough") print $5}' also: awk '{if ($1 == "Rough") print $5}' <(tail -f log) The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfajer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk two file redirection

Hi, i use awk -F to print three variable delimited by comma $1 $2 $3 if $2=="" i want to extract this information missing from another file using awk -v + some process. but the problem i can't use the two awk together cause of redirection there's a solution. note: i can't use another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print redirection to variable file name

Hello, i need to redirect the output of print to a variable file name: #This is normal awk '{ print $17 > "output.txt" }' input #I need something like this awk '{ print $17 > "output_${25}.txt" }' input how to format the output file name to contain a variable? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeeb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with redirection in awk

I'm trying to find average of values in 2nd column in some files. Filenames have following pattern eg: tau_2.54_even_v1.xls tau_2.54_odd_v1.xls tau_1.60_v1.xls tau_800_v1.xls #!/bin/bash for file in pmb_mpi tau xhpl mpi_tile_io fftw ; do for f in "2.54" "1.60" "800" ;do if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output redirection to file

I have a system stat command running which generates data after 5 sec or so. I pass this data to awk and do some calculation to present the data differently. Once done now I want to pass this data to file as and when generated but doesn't work..unless the first command completes successfully.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnscript
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk redirection

Hi everyone i am facing a very strange problem . see below is my code #awk <do something> file 1 > file2 Now the problem is whenever i am redirecting the output to file2 it creates the file2 but of 0 size. i don't know what is the reason but it is very important to me to redirect the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with output redirection

Hi, I am using AIX server. I have a korn shell script where in I am redirecting a line to a file in a while loop: while read line do outputline=$line; echo $outputline >> "./temp/exec_list_"$ETL_JOB_RUN"_temp" done < ./temp/exec_list_$ETL_JOB_RUN Sometimes, when the CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmonika
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

little problem of file redirection (awk)

I almost reach my objective (Youhouuu !!!!) But I really don't understand why it doesn't work until the end... :wall: For clarity's sake I am taking a very simple example. The operations I am doing in the script (gsub and print) really don't have any importance !!! I just matter about... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue while reading from file in while do

Hi Friends, I am trying to scan line by line using awk and pull the values and pass it in variables and then will use the variables but doesn't work. Please see below for details. #more dbtest.sh ---------------------------------- #!/bin/bash . $HOME/.bash_profile while read line do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: narunice
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to place value at 24 field in a flat file issue

I am trying to add 0393 value at 24th feild using the below command, but its adding at all the lines including header and trailer Input file: ZHV|2657|D0217001|T|TXU|Z|PAN|20131112000552||||OPER| 754|52479| 492|489|SP40|1014570286334|20131111|20131201|14355334|CHAMELON... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)