Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IO queue maxtime over 1 minute Post 303009232 by rbatte1 on Monday 11th of December 2017 08:47:44 AM
Old 12-11-2017
It depends.

What other activity is on the server at the time? Sadly, this could be many things.

A few possibles:-
  • Missing/invalid index causing a full table scan and/or locks
  • If there is NFS as part of the process then that is a contender for contention
  • If the queries are remote, there could be DNS issues (i.e. server cannot resolve source IP address)
  • Disk access IO issues (check paths for SCSI disks or SAN provided disk)

There will be plenty more and I've probably not guessed right but we might be lucky. If I think of any more, I will update the list or post again.

Have you ruled anything out yet?

I hope that these get you started,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

linux 7.1 goes off every other minute

i have loaded linux 7.1 on my PC along with win98 the problem is that every other minute th system goes off please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidya_harnal
1 Replies

2. Solaris

syslog messages every minute

Hi If we have for example a disk that is experiencing problems, ie read errors etc, a message will get generated via syslog every one minute....I come in the morning to hundreds upon hundreds of the same message. Is there anyway to change this to say 5 minutes or maybe 10 mins etc so that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Programming

how can i run a process for a whole minute?

here's the problem, i have two processes that i need to run and both process should be run at a total of 1 minute each. how do i do that? and one more here's what the processes do: the 1st process show the '+" sign infinitely while the 2nd process displays the "-" infinitely. how could i count the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelogs1347
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting running every minute

Hi Experts, below similar thread i posted earlier. Although i wish to know ur suggestion newly. I want to run a script every 1 minute. I tried with Crontab. But the problem is cron send every 1 mins invertal- mail to the user mailbox. meanwhile, some expert telling me it is not wise to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i get only last 5 minute worth of data

I have a text file called 'tomcat_temp_out'. I want to get only last 5 minute worth of data from this file and redirect those data into another fule. Could you please help to work on this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab for every minute or every hour

How to set crontab for every minute or every hour (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

The 5 Minute Management Course (Six Lessons)

Lesson 1: A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process file every minute

Hey guy's, How can I schedule this script using AWK, what I require is it runs every minute as new data will be added to the file? And I need to capture these data and save it to the output file. I tried using sleep 1 to allow the file to be processed but is not working. awk ' ... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
35 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minute(4) issue in teradata

I have values below for which diff field is giving error like "invalid time interval" in teradata Might be it is not doing calculation anymore after exceeding minute(4) value END_TS 2/2/2018 08:50:49.000000 START_TS 1/5/2018 17:30:02.000000 SLA_TIME 23:59:59.000000 select... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
0 Replies
RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)						   User Commands					     RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)

NAME
rescan-scsi-bus.sh - script for adding and removing SCSI devices without rebooting SYNOPSIS
rescan-scsi-bus.sh [options] [host [host ...]] OPTIONS
-a, --alltargets scan all targets, not just currently existing [default: disabled] -d enable debug [default: 0] -l activates scanning for LUNs 0--7 [default: 0] -L NUM activates scanning for LUNs 0--NUM [default: 0] -w, --wide scan for target device IDs 0--15 [default: 0--7] -c enables scanning of channels 0 1 [default: 0 / all detected ones] -r, --remove enables removing of devices [default: disabled] -f, --flush flush failed multipath devices [default: disabled] -i, --issue-lip issue a FibreChannel LIP reset [default: disabled] -u, --update look for existing disks that have been remapped -s, --resize look for resized disks and reload associated multipath devices, if applicable --forcerescan rescan existing devices --forceremove remove and readd every device (DANGEROUS) --nooptscan don't stop looking for LUNs is 0 is not found --color use coloured prefixes OLD/NEW/DEL --hosts=LIST scan only host(s) in LIST --channels=LIST scan only channel(s) in LIST --ids=LIST scan only target ID(s) in LIST --luns=LIST scan only lun(s) in LIST --sync, --nosync issue a sync / no sync [default: sync if remove] --attachpq3 tell kernel to attach sg to LUN 0 that reports PQ=3 --reportlun2 tell kernel to try REPORT_LUN even on SCSI2 devices --largelun tell kernel to support LUNs > 7 even on SCSI2 devs --sparselun tell kernel to support sparse LUN numbering Host numbers may thus be specified either directly on cmd line (deprecated) or or with the --hosts=LIST parameter (recommended). LIST: A[-B][,C[-D]]... is a comma separated list of single values and ranges (No spaces allowed.) SEE ALSO
rescan-scsi-bus.sh Homepage: http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/#rescan-scsi sg3_utils Homepage: http://sg.danny.cz/sg rescan-scsi-bus.sh 1.57 leden 2014 RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)