Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File name change with sed
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers File name change with sed Post 303009100 by RudiC on Friday 8th of December 2017 03:40:28 PM
Old 12-08-2017
Slightly shorter:
Code:
ls *.txt | sed -r 's/^(.*_)S([0-9]{1,2}_)(.*)/mv & MID-0\2\1\3/; s/-0([0-9]{2})/-\1/'

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change this file with SED?

I have a file like below: I want to delete the rows which begining with "BC" "CD" and "TY" . then change every fields into one row like this at last delete the head words : USing awk to change it is not hard. I want to know how to do this work using SED ? Thank you! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejgirl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change a number in a file with sed?

Hello, I have a file which contains some line as follows, 9.9 TEMP 9.9 MUCOEFF 0.0 EPSILON And I want to increase this MUCOEFF by 0.2 as 9.9 TEMP 10.1 MUCOEFF 0.0 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorenzz
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to change a configuration file

Hi I want to create a configuration file from a template one. The only thing to change for now is the port number that I need to take from another file that has this format: server:port So I need to take the 2nd field. server is passed in the script argument. how to do that? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed question - change 2d to last line in file

The file is repeating blocks of text separated by a blank line. Some of the lines are unique. e.g.: This is unique line This is line 2 This is line 3 This is line 4 This is unique line This is line 2 This is line 3 This is line 4 ... The goal is to change/replace line 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a sed script to change ip addresses in a file

So I'm new to this sed command and I am trying to create a script that replaces ip addresses when I name a file but can't tweak it to work. Here is what it looks like: #!/bin/bash # file=$1 # sed -e 's/-CPUaddr 10.30.10.166/-CPUaddr 10.30.10.151/g' -i "$file" sed -e 's/-CPUaddr... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: uradunce
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitution or awk, need to direct change the file

I want change the file when the line contains $(AA) but NOT contains $(BB), then change $(AA) to $(AA) $(BB) eg: $(AA) something $(AA) $(BB) something (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to take file numbers from a file, pass them to sed to change strings in corresponding lines

I have a bunch of file numbers in the file 'test': I'm trying the above command to change all the instances of "H" to "Na+" in the file testsds.pdb at the line numbers indicated in the file 'test'. I've tried the following and various similar alternatives but nothing is working: cat test |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datestamp format 2nd change in csv file (awk or sed)

I have a csv file formatted like this: 2014-08-21 18:06:26,A,B,12345,123,C,1232,26/08/14 18:07and I'm trying to change it to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM for both occurances. I have got this: awk -F, 'NR <=1 {print;next}{"date +%d/%m/%Y\" \"%H:%m -d\""$1 "\""| getline dte;$1=dte}1' OFS="," test.csvThis... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working for me to change text in a file

UNIX gurus I need your help with the following (The server is an AIX box). I have a text file with the following information: ******************************************************** SOME LINES case :WORD1 SOME LINES :WORD2 SOME LINES :WORD3 SOME LINES esac SOME LINES... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiousmal
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using sed to change file into an awk script

Hi I want to use sed to change a text files input into an awk script. For example if the input says " chord -- english " I want to change this using sed 's/pattern 1 /pattern 2 /'g filename but I don't understand how to use part of the pattern 1 to input that into pattern 2 . Like after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enforcer
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)