Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to check tar version in Solaris? Post 303008858 by svijayas on Thursday 7th of December 2017 02:32:10 AM
Old 12-07-2017
How to check tar version in Solaris?

Code:
for pkg in `pkginfo | grep tar | grep application | awk '{print $2}'`; do pkginfo -l $pkg | grep VERSION; done

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 12-07-2017 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell what version of tar I have?

I know this should be easy, but Google is not turning up any results: How can I find out what version of software (like tar and gzip) I have installed on my Sun box? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP tar version

Guys, I need to know what version of tar i am using in our HP B11.11 box (model = 9000/800/rp8420 ). We have created a tar file and i wanted to know if the tar version i used supported 8GB-sized files (Check sanity of the archived file). As you know old version of tar is limited to files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Check version of Oracle

Hi All, Please advice me how i can check the Oracle version on my UNIX Solaris machine without logging in to oracle? Thanks, Am (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check version of Solaris?

Hi All, Looks a foolish question, but please can someone tell me the command to check version of Solaris OS? Thanks, Am (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar: how to preserve atime? (also on extracted version, not just original)

How do I make tar set the correct atime on the extracted version? The option --atime-preserve works just on the original, not on the extracted file. The extracted files always have current time as atime, which is bad. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankie06
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install new version of tar under solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to install new version of tar under solaris "tar-1.23-sol9-sparc-local.gz" in Solaris, I downloaded this version from sunfreeware.com I unzip it and I found only binaire file no Readme... some one vcan help ?? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sigma
2 Replies

7. AIX

tar version

Hi How to find the version of tar installed in my aix box ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check SVM version Solaris 9 and 10?

How to check Solaris Volume Manager Version in 9 & 10? Which are the packages that are installed in the SVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

9. Fedora

How to download latest version of cmake using tar xzf?

...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD