Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Automated File Transfer Script Post 303008846 by Sidhant on Wednesday 6th of December 2017 08:53:18 PM
Old 12-06-2017
by tracking I mean zipped which are coming from the source needs to be directed a sql database where we know which files have been processed.

also thanks for the inputs

Thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Automated file transfer

I want to automate the file transfer from a remote site to my pc over a WAN. Can anyone please suggest an industry standard secure file transfer tool for a windows environment? I am looking for an industry accepted, more secure than traditional FTP. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damienjine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl automated file transfer

Hi, Firstly, I have no experience (at all) with shell scripting. So please, go easy on me :) I did a search for what I was looking for although there were a few things available here and on the net I couldn't find anything tailored to what I am looking for. Simply put, I have two servers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lastrider
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automated SCP script passing password to preserve source file timestamp

Hi My requirement is i want to copy files from remote server to the local server and also i need to preserve the timestamp of the remote file. By using scp -p , it is working fine in the interactive call but it is not preserving he file timestamp when i use it in the non interactive scp call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skumar75
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script file transfer failure

I use expect to spawn an sftp file transfer. On occasion the transfer fails or doesn't complete correctly, resulting in: "sftp> cd /returns sftp> rename /returns/TESTFILE.TXT /returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT Couldn't rename file "/returns/TESTFILE.TXT" to "/returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT": Failure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjb1959
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Weekly file Transfer script

I have made a script which transfers some files of the entire week , but the script fails when the next month is started. For e.g; if i run the script on 5th may , but i need to transfer files of its previous week which is from 24th April to 30th april ,the script fails, i have this loop in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script to take 1000 records from the file every week.

I have a file having n number of records .i want first 1000 records from the file and store in temporary file to process on sunday. I want script should should automatically take the next 1000 records for processing on next sunday. can we do it using head and tail head -1000 | tail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer script

Hi, I need a shell script to transfer a file from one server(unix box) to another server(windows box). I have the details of the source and destination Ip's. source path : /home/UNIX/server filename:abc.txt Destination folder: D:/UNIX/test I am using AIX server. Type of shell :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NareshN
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

UNIX script for daily file transfer ???

I need to create a script which needs to transfer the "<filename>+yyyymmdd".dat file from a unix machine to a linux machine.. daily. we can use an active batch to schedule the script. however, the script needs to detect if the new file is present, if present, then transfer. any help ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravikodi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make script for file transfer?

Hi All, Please suggest me how to make script for file transfer from server X to another server Y. I have some directory path in server X as below: /home/directory_1/ . . /home/directory_n/ where some text files are available in each directory where some files records zero and some files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
6 Replies
FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)							 1							FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)

fbsql_read_clob - Read a CLOB from the database

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_read_clob (string $clob_handle, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Reads CLOB data from the database. If a select statement contains BLOB and/or CLOB columns FrontBase will return the data directly when data is fetched. This default behav- ior can be changed with fbsql_set_lob_mode(3) so the fetch functions will return handles to BLOB and CLOB data. If a handle is fetched a user must call fbsql_read_clob(3) to get the actual CLOB data from the database. PARAMETERS
o $clob_handle - A CLOB handle, returned by fbsql_create_clob(3). o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the specified CLOB data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_read_clob(3) example <?php $link = fbsql_pconnect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", "secret") or die("Could not connect"); $sql = "SELECT CLOB_COLUMN FROM CLOB_TABLE;"; $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain the clob data for the first row fbsql_free_result($rs); $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); fbsql_set_lob_mode($rs, FBSQL_LOB_HANDLE); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain a handle to the CLOB data in the first row $clob_data = fbsql_read_clob($row_data[0]); fbsql_free_result($rs); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_create_clob(3), fbsql_read_blob(3), fbsql_set_lob_mode(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)