Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert header with underline? Post 303008783 by Kalia on Wednesday 6th of December 2017 05:17:45 AM
Old 12-06-2017
How to insert header with underline?

How to insert header with underline
AM able to insert only header not underline

Code:
 sed '1i NAME COUNTRY'  test.txt

input file
Code:
 UK   1234
USA  2354
AUS  2253
IND  4256

Output file
Code:
 NAME COUNTRY_CODE
---- ------------
UK   1234
USA  2354
AUS  2253
IND  4256

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

underline character in vi editor

I want to print a man page for a command in unix, this is what I did man command > command.txt but when I view the output file command.txt I found there are lot of _^H characters that in the man page are actually underline character, how can I replace this _^H with underline character? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Melissa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to underline/bold and how to align output

Hi, I work with AIX 5 and have two basic questions: 1) How do I underline/bold a word in a text output? Any way to do it with echo command? basic example: echo "FOLDER " >> folder.txt ( I wish the word FOLDER to be underlined and bold). 2) Suppose I have the following pipe delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clara
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Underline

i want to print underline under a text using shell or awk.can any body help me regarding this problem? i hav tried with echo -e -n "\033$4}' like expected output is 123 456 12 122 567 13 211 087 14 311 987 15 like the avove Thank you regards, Pankaj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert header row into .xls

Hello, I am building an .xls file extracting info from a DB to be eventually emailed. All is good except how do I put in a header row.. like date, name of report etc. before the columns with the actual column name and data? Thanks for any assistance.. the below is after I have signed into... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tish
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a header in a huge data file without using an intermediate file

I have a file with data extracted, and need to insert a header with a constant string, say: H|PayerDataExtract if i use sed, i have to redirect the output to a seperate file like sed ' sed commands' ExtractDataFile.dat > ExtractDataFileWithHeader.dat the same is true for awk and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaktanna
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Header Name

Can anyone help. I have sql to CSV showing header with ALIAS names but I want to generate CSV file with user friendly name i.e from AIAN8 to Adress Book Number etc. SELECT AIAN8 || , || F0101.ABALPH || , || AICO || showing following below in CSV output intead of above Address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold and Underline - not displyed in more/less/vi

I have a script main.shl which has few lines like this #bold tput smso echo "\t\tsome statement\t\t" tput rmso I am executing the main.shl from the shell and redirected its output to a separate file like this $main.shl >main.log 2>&1 & once after running this script, if I "cat" the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with underline text based on specific region

Input file 2 5 ASFGEWTEWRQWEQ 10 20 QEWIORUEIOUEWORUQWEQWRQRQWGQWGFQ 1 6 WRQTQWTQTQWTQT Desired output file 2 5 ASFGEWTEWRQWEQ 10 20 QEWIORUEIOUEWORUQWEQWRQRQWGQWGFQ 1 6 WRQTQWTQTQWTQT Column 1 is the start region of underline the text in column 3; Column 2 is the end region of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a header record (tab delimited) in multiple files

Hi Forum. I'm struggling to find a solution for the following issue. I have multiple files a1.txt, a2.txt, a3.txt, etc. and I would like to insert a tab-delimited header record at the beginning of each of the files. This is my code so far but it's not working as expected. for i in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert date/time header at top of file

I'm trying to take mrt output and put it at the top of a file along with the date and time. I was able to do it at the bottom of the file with the following printf "********** $(date) **********\n\n" >> $OUTPUT_PATH/$HOSTNAME mtr -r -w -c 10 $HOSTADDRESS >> $OUTPUT_PATH/$HOSTNAME printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kramer65
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)