Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add comment on last line if found match Post 303008699 by kttan on Tuesday 5th of December 2017 03:24:26 AM
Old 12-05-2017
thank you for reply.

OS
window 7 and window xp, using korn shell.

text need at at file 2 if meet the condition is > <space><space>!<space>comment<space>comment at the end of the line.

condition:
if found at file 1 if the line have match at file 2 then add comment.
exp:
file 1: have c12 , then search at file 2 , if found test "analog/c12" then modify this line at file 2, and so on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a comment line in a text file

Hi I need to add a comment line at the begining of a text file. The scenario is given below. 1. The number of servers that needs to be updated is around 80 2. The location of the text file in all the servers are the same including the file name. 3. The comment has to be added at the very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orakhan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if match found go to a particular line in perl

Hello Experts, I am newbie to perl, just curious to know how to do the following in perl. suppose I ve a txt file like below. when it founds "*Main Start" Then go to "*Main End,,,,,,,," patteren and just collect the number from the previous line of "*Main End,,,,,,," pattern . In my... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one-liner to look for a line and add it if not found

I need a good one-liner to look in a specific text file for a line of text and if it's not found, add it at the bottom of the file. Perl, sed, not particular, whatever works. To make matters worse, the line of text is in a config script with lots of special characters and needs lots of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendaT
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with script to send email and if subject line match is found

Help with script that will check log, then find a match is found, add that as the subject line. 1. The script will always run as a deamon.. and scan the event.log file 2. when a new 101 line is added to the event.log file, have the script check position 5,6 and 7 which is the job name, which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axdelg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add line and remove comment in some script

Hi, i need some help. i am not sure about my idea. I have a script directory under my home directory,which has a lot of scripts in it. These are some names of the scripts in /axxhome/prdv/script aly300.sh axt300.sh arv300.sh clp300.sh ctth300.sh aly400.sh axt400.sh arv400.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu000
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display n lines after match found and other line

I have a file like this DoctorName Address1 Address2 DOB InsuredName Address1 Address2 DOB PatientName Address1 Address2 DOB ClaimNo1 DoctorName Address1 Address2 DOB InsuredName (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the entire line if the mentioned match is found?

Hello Everyone, I have a file with 5 fields in each line just like mentioned below. Also the 4th field is time elapsed(hh:mm:ss) since the process is running xyz abc status 23:00:00 idle abc def status 24:00:00 idle def gji status 27:00:02 idle fgh gty status 00:00:00 idle Here I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Modify text file if found multiple pattern match for every line.

Looking for help, i have input file like below and want to modify to expected output, if can without create additional file, hope can direct modify it. have 2 thing need do. 1st is adding a word (testplan generation off) after ! ! IPG: Tue Aug 07 14:31:17 2018 2nd is adding... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
16 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)