Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display dates between two dates Post 303008698 by jayadanabalan on Tuesday 5th of December 2017 03:07:23 AM
Old 12-05-2017
Display dates between two dates

Hi All,

I have 2 dates in mm/dd format.

Code:
sdate=10/01 (October 01)
edate=10/10 (October 10)

I need the dates in between these 2 dates like below.

Code:
10/01
10/02
10/03
10/04
10/05
10/06
10/07
10/08
10/09
10/10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display dates within a given date range

Hi All, I have a requirement to display all the dates within the provided (through user input) date range. For eg: If I enter 28012009 (as From date in the format 'DDMMYYYY') and 02022009(as To date in the format 'DDMMYYYY'), the output should be all dates occuring between the from and to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display all dates 200 days back

i need help! can someone help me please? i try to calculate date under unix (ksh)...AIX operating system. I have to find the date 200 days from today's date. then the script should loop 200 times and display on command line every day's date until the current date. example: todays date:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

display all dates 200 days back

i need help! can someone help me please? i try to calculate date under unix (ksh)...AIX operating system. I have to find the date 200 days from today's date. then the script should loop 200 times and display on command line every day's date until the current date. example: todays date:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the last five dates from the given date

Hi all, In Oracle we have got sysdate -1 to find the previous date. Is there any similar way to display date in unix shell scripting? Kindly help me to display the last five dates from the given date Thanks, Geetha (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
11 Replies

6. Programming

SQL: find if a set od dates falls in another set of dates

Don't know if it is important: Debian Linux / MySQL 5.1 I have a table: media_id int(8) group_id int(8) type_id int(8) expiration date start date cust_id int(8) num_runs int(8) preferred_time int(8) edit_date timestamp ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write the dates between 2 dates into a file

Hi All, I am trying to print the dates that falls between 2 date variables into a file. Here is the example. $BUS_DATE =20120616 $SUB_DATE=20120613 Output to file abc.txt should be : 20120613,20120614,120120615,20120616 Can you pls help me accomplish this in LINUX. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display data from a range of dates

I have a data in a file called SCHED which has 5 columns: sched no, date, time, place and remarks. The image is shown below. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54949888/Screenshot%20from%202013-01-02%2002%3A42%3A25.png Now, I want to display only the schedules which fall under a certain date range which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angilulu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the Missing dates between two dates in the table?

Hi Am Using Unix Ksh ... I have a Table called date select * from date ; Date 01/02/2013 06/02/2013 I need the output as Missing Date 01/02/2013 02/02/2013 03/02/2013 04/02/2013 05/02/2013 06/02/2013 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display previous days dates in ksh

---------- Post updated at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ---------- Sorry for a duplicate post, my post at the first place could not appear due to some net issue on my machine. Here is what i posted earlier: Hi, i am using ksh in Solaris, i wanted to assign today's,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr5439
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)