Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Autosys adding global variable in a jil Post 303008691 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 5th of December 2017 02:07:06 AM
Old 12-05-2017
Duplicate thread closed: Continue discussion on this topic in the other thread: Add global variable to jil autosys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoSys (updating global variable)

Hello all, I am very new at both AutoSys and VBScript. I have looked at the manual for hours however I just can't figure it out, the following is the problem: NOTE: AutoSys is being used in all Windows environment. But realizing that this is a UNIX forum, please do provide the answer however... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mik357
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Adding multiple virtual interfaces on a non global zone.

Hello All, I have a requirement to add multiple virtual interfaces on a non-global zone (Solaris 10). The global zone is a 2 node Veritas Cluster Server. So, my question is do we have to make any modifications to the cluster config (which I think should not be the case)? Can anyone help with me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys JIL script for logging

Hi I'm very new to this Autosys JIL scripts. Now I need to create an Command to copy the file from one folder to another by watching that folder. I have written & create that job but i don't no how to add logging in JIL script. Before moving the file i have to log the file details in a separte... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayvz
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys: Check the jil load time

Hi All, I wanted to know what time the box jobs were loaded into a particular Autosys Instance. Is there a autosys command to find out the above? (The timestamp at which a box was loaded) I had loaded my JIL script without outputting it to the log file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys: How to change a machine name in Autosys JIL.

All the autosys jobs are on server-1 and server-1 has been crashed due to some reason, Now I have to run 5 autosys jobs on server-2 (failover server) which are on server 1. How to do with Autosys command (which command needs to fired on JIL) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable value

Hi All, Im new to shell scripting. I am running EgA.sh and setting one global variable XYZ=0 . Also calling another EgB.sh from EgA.sh, changing the value of XYZ=10 but after executing EgB.sh, value of XYZ is still 0. Im expecting it to be 10. Anyone for help. Thanks in Advance. :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paliwal
5 Replies

7. Solaris

ZFS adding new filesystems to a non-global zone

Hi Guys I have one Global Zone and 2 non-global zones. root@solar109 # zoneadm list -icv ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP 0 global running / native shared 20 solar109b running ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fryzh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Parsing Autosys JIL

I'm trying to modify the script given in post 7 of the following thread: 146564-need-parse-jil-file-into-excel-file.html. (Sorry, can't post the URL as I don't have enough posts.) The original script is as follows: awk -F ' *_]*: *' 'BEGIN ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GnuScripter
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable

Hi, I have created a variable say today at the begin having 123 as its value and inside a for loop it gets resolved to some value say 150 in its first iteration. How can I use this value 150 ( 1st iteration's ) outside the scope of for loop ?. In the same way I wanted to use all iteration's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penqueen
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Add global variable to jil autosys

I am new to autosys. I want to add a global variable to a jil file named PJ.jil. I also want to add a watch_file command to filename PJ.jil and AY.jil. The watch_file command checks every five minutes if the jobs have completed. For example. AY.jil needs to wait until all the jobs in PJ.jil have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
0 Replies
WWWBrowser(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   WWWBrowser(3pm)

NAME
WWWBrowser - platform independent means to start a WWW browser SYNOPSIS
use WWWBrowser; WWWBrowser::start_browser($url, -oldwindow => 1); DESCRIPTION
start_browser($url [, %args]) Start a web browser with the specified URL. The process is started in background. The following optional parameters are recognized: -oldwindow => $bool Normally, the URL is loaded into a new window, if possible. With "-oldwindow" set to a false window, "WWWBrowser" will try to re-use a browser window. -browser => $browser Use (preferebly) the named browser $browser. See "CONFIGURATION" for a some browser specialities. This option will only work for unix. CONFIGURATION
For unix, the global variable @WWWBrowser::unix_browsers can be set to a list of preferred web browsers. The following browsers are handled specially: lynx, w3m Text oriented browsers, which are opened in an "xterm", "kvt" or "gnome-terminal" (if running under X11). If not running under X11, then no background process is started. kfmclient Use "openURL" method of kfm. netscape Use "-remote" option to re-use a running netscape process, if possible. _default_gnome Look into the "~/.gnome/Gnome" configuration file for the right browser. _default_kde NYI. The following variables can be defined globally in the main package: $os Short name of operating system ("win", "mac" or "unix"). &status_messages Error handling function (instead of default "warn"). REQUIREMENTS
For Windows, the Win32Util module should be installed in the path. AUTHOR
Slaven Rezic <slaven@rezic.de> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999,2000,2001,2003 Slaven Rezic. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Win32Util. perl v5.10.0 2009-03-10 WWWBrowser(3pm)