Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setfib on Solaris?
Operating Systems Solaris Setfib on Solaris? Post 303008617 by rbatte1 on Monday 4th of December 2017 09:25:45 AM
Old 12-04-2017
Do you have 10 entirely different paths to the 10 data sources? I fear that they will still contend with each other at some point anyway.

Do you have multiple direct internet connections using difference network cards, different switches and different fibre-routers over different suppliers to different access points?

Where is the bottleneck you are trying to overcome?

Robin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add Solaris text console to Solaris grub2 menu?

Hi, I am new to sloaris and just instlled the solaris 11.2, i know little more about linux, i open the /boot/grub/grub.cfg in solaris and there is many other entries forl solaris 11.2 one of them is for 'Oracle Solaris 11.2 text console' but at boot grub2 only show the first default entry that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
xpatemplate(7)							SAORD Documentation						    xpatemplate(7)

NAME
XPATemplate - Access Point Names and Templates SYNOPSIS
XPA access points are composed of two parts: a general class and a specific name. Both parts accept template characters so that you can send/retrieve data to/from multiple servers at one time. DESCRIPTION
When XPA servers call XPANew(), or XPACmdNew() to define XPA access points, they specify a string identifier composed of a class and a name. When clients communicate with XPA access points, they specify which access points to communicate with using an identifier of the form: class:name All registered XPA access points that match the specified identifier will be available for communication (subject to access control rules, etc.) As of XPA 2.1.5, the length of both the class and name designations are limited to 1024 characters. The XPA class:name identifier actually is a template: it accepts wild cards in its syntax, so a single specifier can match more than one XPA access point. (Note that the class is optional and defaults to "*".) The allowed syntax for clients to specify the class:name tem- plate is of the form shown below. (Note that "*" is used to denote a generic wild card, but other wild cards characters are supported, as described below). template explanation -------- ----------- class:name exact match of class and name name match any class with this name *:name match any class with this name class:* match any name of this class *:* match any access point In general, the following wild-cards can be applied to class and name: wildcard explanation -------- ----------- ? match any character, but there must be one * match anything, or nothing [...] match an inclusive set Although the class:name template normally is used to refer to XPA access points, these also can be specified using their individual socket identifiers. For inet sockets, the socket identifier is ip - port, where ip can be the DNS-registered name, the ASCII IP number (e.g. 123.45.67.890) or the hex IP number (e.g. 838f3a60). For unix sockets, the identifier is the socket file name. These socket identifiers are displayed as the fourth argument in the xpans display of registered access points. For example, consider the ds9 program started using inet sockets. The xpans name server will register something like this: csh> xpaget xpans DS9 ds9 gs saord.harvard.edu:3236 eric You can access ds9 using ip:3236 in any of the three forms: csh> xpaget saord:3236 file /home/eric/data/snr.ev csh> xpaget 123.45.67.890:3236 file /home/eric/data/snr.ev csh> xpaget 838f3a60:3236 file /home/eric/data/snr.ev In the case of unix sockets, the socket identifier is a file: csh> xpaget xpans DS9 ds9 gs /tmp/.xpa/DS9_ds9.2631 eric csh> xpaget /tmp/.xpa/DS9_ds9.2631 file /home/eric/data/snr.ev This feature can be useful in distinguishing between multiple instances of a program that all have the same class:name designation. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpatemplate(7)