Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 - Changing systems default locale Post 303008402 by apmcd47 on Friday 1st of December 2017 04:59:27 AM
Old 12-01-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocandy
Its Solaris 11 you can't do it this way anymore. Have to use svccfg.

I rebooted the server and it worked fine but documentation seems to imply that you don't need to do this any more.
Did you actually try my suggestion? I suspect that you didn't; I know that if you had you would have seen the new default locale.

Andrew

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 locale setting

Hello does anybody know how to change the LC_TIME locale on solaris 8 to dd/mm/YYYY currently it is set to. #locale -ck LC_TIME d_fmt="%m/%d/%y" Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thangorn
1 Replies

2. Solaris

en_GB.UTF-8 locale - which Solaris package?

Hi, I need to locate the Solaris package that installs the en_GB.UTF-8 package in /usr/lib/locale. Can anyone tell me which package it is? I have installed all the locale related packages i can see from the Solrais 8 media but none contain the required locale. My problem is that i can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kitzel
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Do I need to reboot Solaris 10 server for changes in /etc/systems ?

Hi, I have upgraded my Solaris 10 2005 to Solaris 10 2007. I am facing one bug, id: 6550904. To override this issue I have done following changes in /etc/systems: set max_uheap_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_ustack_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_privmap_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_shm_lpsize =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in locale installation through solaris 10 cds

Dear All I am in a problem where i have to install en_us locale through solaris 10 05/08 which is in 5 cds as I download from internet. when I use the following command after putting disk 1 of solaris 10 loceladm -a en_us -d /cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_10/Product It install few packages but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

5. Solaris

I can't set locale in Solaris 8

Hi gentlemen. I would change LANG=C to iso_8859_5. I have tried some variante, but it doesn't work. Thanks. (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
24 Replies

6. Solaris

change default Locale

i have a new solaris 10 enviroment and when i create new users and when i go to login using the default .profile and run locale i get the following LANG= LC_CTYPE=en_IE.ISO8859-15 LC_NUMERIC=en_IE.ISO8859-15 LC_TIME=en_IE.ISO8859-15 LC_COLLATE=en_IE.ISO8859-15... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Install Locale in Solaris 9

Hi, I want to install en_US.UTF-8 locale on a solaris 9 system, can anyone please tell me how? (command and which CD to use) ---------- Post updated at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ---------- Got it,.. 3. How do I add a locale after installing the Base Product? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris "System locale" during installation

Hi I install Solaris10 and during this process there is a question "Select the initial locale to be used after the system has been installed " There is plenty of choices and default already selected is POSIX C (C). What should I choose in this list ? Why instalator asks for this question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8: root can't ssh to other systems.

Hi, The issue is that root can not ssh to a Solaris 8 server: Please help. Thank you in advance! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

10. Solaris

How to set the japanese locale in Solaris 10

Pls help me to set the japanese locale in Solaris 10. I have checked JP locale has been already installed on Solaris BOX. Thanks, Karan N (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirka01
2 Replies