Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Need help to create soft ap with create_ap as it is not working Post 303008350 by shan2batman on Thursday 30th of November 2017 12:28:49 PM
Old 11-30-2017
@rudiC sorry for my impatient atitude.

i actually bought a TP-LINK device with the code name tl-w725n v2 to turn my old system with centos6.9 in to a hotspot for other devices in my home. So, after googling around i followed a tutorial (don't know which site it was once again sorry) and downloaded rtl8188eu drivers through github and successfully installed it then i went on to install create_ap along with its dependencies to create a hotspot but nothing seems to be working as ifconfig has stopped showing wlan0 and create hotspot gives the above error when trying to initialize it.

I'm also open to installing it through wine or ndiswrapper but lack the knowledge to do it on my own thats why i came to this forum and posted it in a hurry. Pardon me.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

soft rebooting

When I do a hard reboot, the system recognizes both the ttya and the ttyb, but when I do a hard reboot, it only doesn't recognize the ttyb. Is there a way I can fix this??? Thanks!:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattie_h
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links.... soft or hard.. not sure?

hi, i am in a directory, have 2 files as below then do a ls -l gives the below lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 23 Mar 08 2001 filea -> /adir/filea lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 23 Mar 08 2001 filea -> /adir/fileb now, when i do a cd /adir, the system said, adir not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install a soft with a script .sh

Hello ! I just want to install Oreon (it's a plugin for Nagios) but I can't, I have this error when I run the script install.sh # ./install.sh functions: 21: Syntax error: "(" unexpected Have you got an idea ? Tx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wappyboy
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about working with data to create new column

Hello, I am having a problem with the script I am using to create a column from two columns I have in my file. I am needing to take column 5 and subtract it from column 2 to create column 6. I have included the script I am using and the rawdata I am using. Raw Data File:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
4 Replies

5. Solaris

soft errors in soalris

hi friends, How will you clear the soft error on disk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

soft link issue

Hi , When installing oracle software a set of directories are created under the home directories. Since the home directory is usually not big , i would like to create a soft link from the home directory to mount point with alot of free space , that way the logs will not be wriiten under the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Soft link

can u help me out how change the hooked file below. VEUEMASTER.txt -> /sbvnj/kfls//VSUE_OBR_MAER.txt.201503230800 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Extend a soft partition

Hi, I need to extend a soft partition from 20G to 100G. New disk is already added as a meta device. This soft partition is already assigned to a guest LDOM. Can someone let me know the steps to increase soft partition so guest LDOM can recognize the new space. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gho
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft links question

Hello. I have some main directories. For example : /main_dir1 /main_dir2In main_dir2, I have a sub dir named sub_dir2-1 with 2 files in it ( file_2-1, file_2-2 ) /main_dir2sub_dir2-1file_2-1 file_2-2From "/main_dir1/A/B/C" I make a soft link ln -s /main_dir2/sub_dir2-1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
set link(1m)															      set link(1m)

NAME
set link - Changes the value of a modifiable, single-valued attribute of a soft link SYNOPSIS
cdscp set link link-name attribute-name = attribute-value ARGUMENTS
The full name of the soft link. The name of the attribute to be modified. Specify only one attribute at a time. See Description for valid attribute names. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The set link command changes the value of a modifiable, single-valued attribute of a soft link. The following are valid attributes: Speci- fies the full name of the directory, object entry, or other soft link to which the soft link points. Specifies a timeout value after which the soft link is either checked or deleted. The timeout value contains both an expiration time and an extension time. If a soft link expires and its target entry is deleted, the soft link is deleted. If the soft link still points to an existing entry, its life is extended by the expiration time. Specify expiration-time in the format yyyy-mm-dd-hh:mm:ss (year-month-day-hour:minute:second). Specify extension- time in the format ddd-hh:mm:ss (day-hour:minute:second). Privilege Required You must have write permission to the soft link. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command redirects a soft link named /.:/admin/work_disk from its current destination name, /.:/admin/work_disk01, to a new destination name, /.:/admin/work_disk03. cdscp> set link /.:/admin/work_disk CDS_LinkTarget = /.:/admin/work_disk03 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create link(1m), delete link(1m), list link(1m), show link(1m) set link(1m)