Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Login slowness from LDOM to ZONE Post 303008193 by Peasant on Tuesday 28th of November 2017 10:11:15 AM
Old 11-28-2017
Is it always 13 sec or can be longer (even forever) ?
In most occasions such errors were no memory to fork or resolving (DNS) issue.

If it's always 13 sec, should be DNS releated.
Rebooting the zone probably applied the correct configuration in /etc/resolv.conf or one of the entries in resolv.conf started working again Smilie

Regards
Peasant.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login to zone after enable BSM

hi i am not able to the zones after i enable BSM, but i am able to login using "zlogin -S" option. is there any command which i can use to troubleshoot. thanks a lot! :cool: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Login Slowness

Hi Folks My Sun Solaris servers are waiting for a long time after keying in the User-ID. There is a big delay in getting to the password prompt. But once the password is keyed in,it goes through in a second. The servers in which i am facing this issue is an NIS client. But i am facing this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
7 Replies

3. Solaris

ldom and zone

hi, what is the difference between ldom and zone. can we install any other os than sun in ldom. thanks, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Network Config on Zone in a Guest LDOM

Solaris for Sparc 11.1 with the latest patches. Created a Guest LDOM with two vnet's net0 and net1, installed a guest whole root, ip exclusive zone that I want to be able to utilize DHCP. I have been able to create the zone but unable to get it to boot because I am unable to assign an anet to it.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Zone console login prompt exit

Hi , I am not able to exit fom zone console login prompt. I have tried options like ~. ~~. and @. but it is not working fo me. Could someone Please help me on this. Thanks in Advance!! Regards, Laxxi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring zone and LDOM boot order

Is anyone aware of a method of configuring the boot order of zones and or LDOMS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to login via console mode to non-global zone

tldr; We've installed a non-global-zone from a unified archive which once booted, we're unable to gain access to the system either through zlogin or zlogin -C. Errors; svc.startd: instance svc:/system/console-login:default exited with status 127 Investigation; 1) Already opened a SR with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
1 Replies
rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)

NAME
rpc.nisd_resolv, nisd_resolv - NIS+ service daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.nisd_resolv [-v | -V] [ -F [-C fd]] [-t xx] [-p yy] DESCRIPTION
rpc.nisd_resolv is an auxiliary process which provides DNS forwarding service for NIS hosts requests to both ypserv and rpc.nisd that are running in the NIS compatibility mode. It is generally started by invoking rpc.nisd(1M) with the -B option or ypserv(1M) with the -d option. Although it is not recommended, rpc.nisd_resolv can also be started independently with the following options. This command requires that the /etc/resolv.conf file be setup for communication with a DNS nameserver. The nslookup utility can be used to verify communication with a DNS nameserver. See resolv.conf(4) and nslookup(1M). OPTIONS
-F Run in foreground. -C fd Use fd for service xprt (from nisd). -v Verbose. Send output to the syslog daemon. -V Verbose. Send output to stdout. -t xx Use transport xx. -p yy Use transient program# yy. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nslookup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)